Va. Tech shooting

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
As for all this stuff about "Chinese"!!! What has that got to do with anything? Does it make it more "terrorist" and therefore more unacceptable?

"all this stuff" was just me commenting that he had recently come and had a green card...the news made rumblings about terrorism (as pertaining to political motive) VS our usual garden variety kook (Columbine, for example, I wouldn't characterize as terrorists) thats all. You can't pin it on our violent American culture this time if he just got off the plane.

Investigation: The perpretator was white, the perpretator was black, etc

I bet it's very unusual for a Chinese national to do this, I wouldn't think it would fit the profile.

I'm actually much more afraid of crazy white people than anybody else, they are so much less predictable. (sort of like the serial killer is usually a middle aged white guy, like you Kim.:10: ) Profiles exist and they are facinating.

So...don't start that racism stuff.

I agree Catherine. There is a percentage of every race that is deranged. I also agree that a Chinese National would not fit the profile of someone who I would be wary of as far as a crime like this.

Whatever reason this happened, the person that did this horrible thing was deeply disturbed. My first thought was an asian doctoral student that failed his orals or failed the defense of his dissertation. It's happened before although not at this scale.

My prayers are with the family, friends, and everyone at VT. What a horrible tragedy.

I'm going to head out to the engineering portion of my university in just a few minutes.
Hopefully I won't get shot (wary of copycat crimes).

See ya bro!!!

Where are you from BTW. . .

Shooter.. is from South Korea. 23 years old... Cho Seung-Hui

Very sad....I have two sons in college right now.. I have not heard from my oldest son since this has happened.

jhbryaniv:
See ya bro!!!

Where are you from BTW. . .

From England originally, emigrated in 1987, now live in Hobart, Tasmania. 10 yrs in Army Reserve here, once spent a fortnight playing soldiers with Hawaii National Guard (EX PACRES 91). Great blokes, great fun. Are you National Guard, Reserves or Regular Army?

Good luck with our Occidental friends too, keep your head down.

Skull:
Finally what does this have to do VT ?

Bugger all but who cares? It's probably a bit raw to talk abouit that in any more detail anyway. The conversation's moved on, that's all.

Look most students getting up yesterday from a long spring break were not thinking .." maybe I should pack my 9 just in case some nut job shows up in my intro to German Class blasting away at everyone...

Likewise there is no evidence that suggests that conceal carry laws have any effect either way concerning crime rates. So packing a weapon doesn't make you or your community safer or less safer for that matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom