Vacation Help!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jasondcrawford

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
My wife is 4 months pregnant and we want to do one last vacation before it's too late (although it might be too late for that already!). We're taking 2 weeks off in the middle of April, and Thailand is one of the last couple of destinations we're looking at, and I wanted some feedback from those who know it best!

I know there are several places to stay, so I was hoping you could point me in the right direction. It MUST have fantastic snorkeling (my wife will snorkel while I dive), and other things --- we want to tour temples, go through jungles, ride an elephant, sit on the beach, etc. We want to stay someplace cheap, no more than $50 US a night, preferably cheaper. We'll be staying for about a week (we're looking at splitting our time between Taiwan and Thailand at this point, but would appreciate input).

I guess my basic question is where should I start? What cities, websites, hotels, dive places? Is April even a good time to go? And my other question is will there be enough to keep us busy for a week? Two weeks? Keeping in mind that we won't be able to dive all day every day because of the baby. Thanks for any input, I'll check back soon!

April is a GREAT month for Thailand and Phuket.

Start this way with finding some basic information:
Google "Phuket", then Google "Hotel Phuket" and lastly Google "Phuket diving and snorkeling".
After you have been "Googling" for a while come back with more exact questions to Scubaboard!

tour temples, go through jungles, ride an elephant, sit on the beach
Phuket has all that - have a lookie at my blog (see link below) - well, I don't actually have anything about elephants on there (but you can certainly ride them in Phuket) - temples, jungles and beaches are there. And diving of course. April is a very good month.. 13th is Songkran if you happen to be around then - expect to get wet even if you are not diving/snorkeling.

Have a good trip!

Jamie

Make a daytrip with 3 dives, and make sure you don't have a hotel in Patong. By the time these trips come back, in Kata and Karon the shooting party is virtually finished.

Personally I love Songkran though (agree, good it is just the one day), but hate icewater.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom