Vancouver area dives Dec 25th - Jan 2nd

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jeckyll

Contributor
Reaction score
Ok, it's way to warm to go skiing, so diving it is for me :)

Just curious if anyone else is intersted in getting some dives in during this week, either daytime or nighttime. Lets get out and and have some fun dives.

PM me or respond in this thread if you are intersted.
New diver? No problem, we'll do some easy, fun dives!
Experience diver. No problem (as long as we stay on this side of 100 fsw :wink: ).
Intermediate diver.... well you get the idea, right?! :D

Bjorn

I have monday the 26th off but not sure what is happening family wise, so cannot commit to diving 100% @ this time for that day. I work the rest of the week but have the 31st,1st and 2nd are open. Possibility of a night dive during the week. I work until 5pm. let me know.
happy holidays to all
( thank goodness for 7/11 for - that last minute Xmas gift. lol.)

Les: We are meeting at 1 pm at Whytecliff for a couple of dives on the 26th, if you can make it, it would be great to have you along (plan is to dive on the Plumose gardens on the right wall).

If not, Merry Christmas and stay in touch and we'll head out. I have the 2nd off as well and would like to get out and dive or two (maybe the VT100?).

Yours

Bjorn

Was planning to go skiing, but I don't think that is going to happen. Wouldn't mind tagging along, still working the kinks out of the new gear. OK if I tag along?

who you diving with on the 26th? not that it really matters, just curious. I will see what is happening but sounds great. Darnold what kinda dive you into with trying out new gear? are you ok with the gardens or looking for shallower dive? something to consider.
will keep in touch

Les

Hey if i dont have to end up working on boxing day, i'd be up for the gardens. i work up a mountain and all my shifts are iffy right now. I am currently scheduled to work, but with the crap conditions i may be called off (all my shifts this week were called off, damn). anyway, will let you all know.

who all is going so far?

Tomorrow it's TinoD'Voe and myself.

We're planning on doing 2 nice and easy dives at Whytecliff so experience level shouldn't matter too much. Max depth was going to be around 70 feet, we could cut that back to 60 if need be, no problems there.

Merry Christmas and maybe we'll see some more of you tomorrow :)

Bjorn

The new gear is working fine, just need need work on weighting at the end of the dive, and practice to get more comfortable with where things are clipped. Tried to descend on Friday with the valve closed on my dry suit, just did not work. Most embarrassing.:blush:

I do not own tanks so any thoughts re getting tanks and air. i.e. who is open on Monday?

Open to any depth any dive - I am pretty comfortable with everything at this point. 100 ft on the Saskatchewan on Friday and everything worked as it should.

Darnold: I know that IDC is open on Monday, as I'll be there myself to pick up a couple of tanks. Not sure about other shops.

:)

Looks like we've got 3 people so far for tomorrow. Should be fun :)

Bjorn

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom