Vancouver area dives Dec 25th - Jan 2nd

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

great dive last night. was a dive I had never done at that depth. octo was awesome, schools of tubesnouts. Bjorn what coloring was that sculpin?? can't remember. I would have taken a pic but with the vis did not want to spend too long trying out different lenses to get the right pic. anyways too bad I missed the seal. could barely make out your light beam when you were shining it forward, only when you would shine it along the wall or signal to me. I would like to explore where we turned around or decsend further along the islet to be able to spend more time over that way. maybe a loop on a high tide. thanks for the great dive.lets do it again.
Les

Les: I looked in my 'Whelks to Whales' and it was too big for a Tidepool Sculpin I think (they only get to 3 1/2") so I'd guess it was a Great Sculpin. Though obviously not full grown.

Took my drysuit into the shop today. I think that my inflator valve was being pulled slightly by the hose routing and that could explain why chest and down one arm. They did not believe that the glove o-ring was the problem. So we checked the valve, and gave it a spin to the left to match up with the hosenext step is to check that the hose connection is not leaking. Bubble check next time but may only let water in as I inflate suit??? anyhow can't wait to try it again. a great "have to" go diving excuse .lol.
The shop also had those night dive markers for $20 and a $50 beacon. will pick up a marker for next night dive.
cheers,
Les

Les: If you make it out tomorrow, I'll have a careful look for bubbles. If not tomorrow then next time we head out. :)

Back
Top Bottom