Vancouver area dives Dec 25th - Jan 2nd

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great dive today! Normally 3 person dives are tough, but with Doug & Tino it was really quite simple and alot of fun :D . We did 2 dives at Whytecliff, first the right side (though we missed the gardens) and the second around Whyte Islet. The vis was bad for the top 20 - 30 feet so we stayed below.

Les: You're going to hate me, but I was so excited about seeing an octo, I didn't mark the location. We dove all the way around the islet last night. It was quite shallow, but the tide was very low. I'd guess no more than 40 feet. And probably towards the south tip of the Islet. I'll ask Uli (the guy I was diving with last night).

Bill: I PM'd you back. Wednesday would be better for me, though I'm not too eager about the mornings. Ideally I'd like to start in the afternoon but can be flexible :)

Yours

Bjorn

EDIT: I forgot to mention that we saw a Buffalo Sculpin as well today on the Islet, which was very cool! :)

Bill: It looks like Les and I may be doing a night dive on Wednesday. I'm still confirming the time though, once I have that I'll post up. We are going to try and find that Octo again around Whyte islet. :)

Bjorn

Bjorn:

Great dive yesterday, hope the vis gets better. Are you still thinking of going out on the 2nd? If so i will try to come along. Will be a last minute thing as I may be working.

Doug

The 2nd is a possibility, as is this friday :)

jeckyll:
The 2nd is a possibility, as is this friday :)

I should be able to make Friday. I'm not restricted to the am either so an afternoon dive would work well.

Enjoy the night dive tomorrow. My parents 45th anniversary so I'm busy.

Bill.

Bill: Friday sounds good to me :) Do you have a particular location? I'd really like to check out the VT100, but would prefer to go with someone who's been there (for obvious reasons).

Bjorn

Ok, tomorrow night (the 28th) Les and I are meeting at Whytecliff at 5:15 pm to go look for the large Octo on Whyte Islet.

If you want to join us please PM or just show up. I'm bringing 2 tanks in case it's nice, I may do a 2nd dive.

Bjorn

I haven't dove the VT100 yet. Unless someone who has joins us, any other suggestions.

Bill.

jeckyll:
Bill: Friday sounds good to me :) Do you have a particular location? I'd really like to check out the VT100, but would prefer to go with someone who's been there (for obvious reasons).

Bjorn

Bill: I'm still waiting to see if I can get someone out who's been to the VT100 a few times. Otherswise I'll grab my "Vancouver Area Diving guide" out and have another look to see what else is around :)

Have you ever done the cut?

Bjorn

Good dive tonight with Les! We spotted the octo again on Whyte Islet. And a seal came and hunted at the edge of our lights. Very cool. Nice little 45 minute dive.

:)

I'm going to start a seperate thread for the dive on Friday and probably another one for Monday to ensure that they don't get lost in this thread.

Bjorn

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom