Vancouver diver looking for buddies.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Freeman

Registered
Reaction score
I am lookin for Vancouver types to dive when ever the urge hits em. I typically work 4 days a week and wishing to dive on the 2-3 days off. I have met a few people via the "Meet&Greets" board but lately haven't had much luck so I am hoping in here I will have a better shot. Oh yea, and if ya need references just ask lady6gill or Radagalf- we had a great dive(s) together.

So, is anyone up for a Mon/Tues day or night dive ? I typically am available Sun-Tues every week. Depending on the work schedule (bartender) I can sometimes dive THursday/Sat mid-late am. I am AOW/drysuit with decent skills.

Come on Vancouver, lets get out there, meet some new dive buddies and go for some dives :)

Cheers,

.......if I only I lived out there.

Diverjed- I wish you did too. I can't believe I have had this post up for this long and only had 1 local interest thus far.

:soapbox:
I have not grown up here in Vancouver infact, I grew up in Nova Scotia and moved here just a few years ago after touring USA in a rock band. I guess what I hear about Vancouver is true after all Vancouver is hard nut to crack in terms of making friends and people here really are kind of snobby. :banging: I have had an easier time of it when I lived in Toronto or LA, or even New York in terms of making new friends. :psst:
Vancouver is a hot bed excellent diving in terms of diving around the world. And here I am - an outgoing guy( bartender/pro drummer) with Advanced Open Water skills...A freak by no stretch of the imagination :maniac: ( unless you count diving up here in the winter in a wetsuit) what the heck do I have to do get Vancouver people on this board to relax and open up the circle a little bit?

diverjed, you ever come up this way bud, you just lemme know, I'll dive with ya.
Cheers and thanks for repsonding and here is to hoping Vancouver relaxes a little bit
:wink:

Hey Man:

Know the feeling.

I dove out there a year ago on vacation, loved it. Husband and wife team took me out on the bay somewhere, they were pretty cool.

But I'm having the same problem here on the other side of the coast in Philly, can't get people to go half the time. There are a lot of divers in the region but apparently like Vancouver, they are really clicky and stick to their own. Had a lot of ex-buddies that are slowly wussing out of the sport, so it's just me again.

Good luck, stay in touch, and I hope to make another trip up there soon and I'll give you a buzz.

DiverJed (Jon)

PS. What was the name of your band? I used to play bass, no one big though.

Perhaps it not apathy persey ..but is just sure seems like people dont give a rats' a$$.

By all means, if you are on your way up I'd love to dive with ya.
As for the stuff I did in the USA: I was first hired into a band that was based in NYC. At the time I was living in TOronto so i quit the job and hit the road in a band called Drew & The Gathering( think Rolling Stones, Doors, RadioHead ) We played CBGB's, The Bitter End on Fri/Sat in New York City. Matter of fact we played New Years Eve for 98/99 at BitterEnd. Recorded an album at Bearsville Studios( village right beside Woodstock)..very famous studio operation - had a wicked time of it. Then we hit the road and end up in LA a few months later. I lived there for 15 months. Played in Funk band( flown to shows out of state), Adult Contemporary stuff( hand percussionist), umm Flaming Lips style band (kinda sorta), had record deals..lost deals..Played the VIPER ROOM showcasing a band called The Ex-Chittles on a Saturday night which was signed to a label called M80 in LA. Wild times... Eventually i needed a car and decided to head back to Canada to make some $$$$.. Thats the quick and dirty of it all :)
How's about you ?
Cheers,
Deryk

I just checked...you posted this like one week ago...not everyone is immediately available.

I've dove with Radagalf et. al on several occassions and have found that there are many great people to go diving with here.

Currently, Nurseshark and I have been working through some health related issues which have affected ear equalization, our recent dives are all about making sure the ears clear. We are also doing training dives right now in prep for our DIRF...drills in shallow water in other words...not a lot of fun for someone else to dive with if they don't want to hang around with us in 30 feet of sand.

I'd recommend that you call IDC or Great Pacific or another local shop and start showing up for their weekly dives. You'll find tons of great divers and meet some new people.

So, don't write-off Vancouver as an apethetic place because you've only received one response in a week...you only need one other to dive with anyway...see you in the water (once we're dialed in again...:D

You make a very good point Brian, thank man. I guess when I log in and see some threads growing by the hour I was feeling a little ignored. And who wants to be shunned when ya wanna get in the water?..heh. I am sure with time there will be some fine people(like yerself) responding.

As for hey you only need 1 buddy- I beg to differ. Sometimes I dive with people from my dive club..any one of a 8 pple or so. Often the case is they aren't as keen to dive as I am. Busy with life, job, time ..blah blah.. This was infact one of the big reasons I joined this chatboard. I wanted to expand my diver base of friends. I have yet to meet someone who wants to dive as much as I do. Any hoot, I hope your ears clear up and the DIRF class sounds intriguing. Keep in touch and good luck :)
Thanks again,

Freeman once bubbled...
As for hey you only need 1 buddy- I beg to differ. Sometimes I dive with people from my dive club..any one of a 8 pple or so.

I meant at a time...:D :wink:

Maybe we should start a Vancouver dive club.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom