Vancouver diver looking for buddies.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bwerb once bubbled...

I meant at a time...:D :wink:

I find myself sometimes diving with 1 buddy and sometimes diving with 2-3 people.. I am fine either way. I just wish I could find a warm (responsible)body to dive with when the time is available.
How are the ears?
Cheers to ya,

AquaTec once bubbled...
Maybe we should start a Vancouver dive club.

I think we all know of dive clubs within Vancouver area. I myself, belong to dive club. Its a members only group with (nominal)fees once a year. I can bring whomever I want for shore dives dives however they cant partake in any of the cheap boat dives, gear rentals/repairs/buying gear at cost( no mark up-its cool) etc. And I am sure there are other groups in Vancouver that are of similar nature. Are you proposing a dive club separate from an allegiance to a particular store or affiliation? Simply a group of Vancouver people who make themselves available to dive with other divers? Leaving all of the rentals/air fills etc. to each person? I dont even know if other dive shops allow people to just join in on group dives or, do you pay a nominal fee to go along? Is membership necessary?

Your problem is probably similar to my own, You're single with ample time to dive, hard to find people in the same boat. All fair weather divers most of the time, it would seem.

Know a lot of divers with all of these diver-down symbols on their cars, in their wardrobe, and everywhere else imaginable, but will only dive when they can get to the warmwater, once or twice (if you're lucky) a year.

Dive clubs got their pros and cons, some are strictly affiliated with a particular shop and when you're with these people there is a real 'in-crowd' feeling that rubs off on you right away, I prefer to stay away from that, there can be unwritten policies of allegiance and loyalty that can easily cast you out if you have even the slightest inclination towards independence.

anybody who wants to strat a dive club PM me and we can start meeting, lets see where it goes.

I am also new to Vancouver and would love to meet some people to dive with

AquaTec once bubbled...
anybody who wants to strat a dive club PM me and we can start meeting, lets see where it goes.

I am also new to Vancouver and would love to meet some people to dive with

Okies, I'll bite ! :big grin:

AquaTec- You are a brave man. I am sending you a PM right now.
Here's hoping Vancouver is willing to pull this off. :smiles:

Cheers!

Dernit!! Why didnt my little smiley emoticons work in the last post? ...blah! I thought you could simply write them in and they would be converted..I guess not huh? I am so embarrassed.
:eek: ;-0

Just trying to keep this thread alive and hoping to meet some groovey new scuba types to dive with.

If'n you're from Vancouver area and are looking for a dive buddy once in a while( or often) please drop a line here :)

Personally I like to dive 2-3 times a week and have trouble finding enough people to dive with. Hoping to change that with the scubaboard.

Cheers,

Responses are slow, eh buddy?

Too many fair weather divers out there and / or too many entrenched cliques.

diverjed

Hiya Jeff,

Funny you should say that- I was just down your way last week diving at Keystone(Fort Casey-whidby island area). Had a GREAT time( 2 dives) and met some really cool people. I would have to say I was surprised how friendly the people were. I was handed 2 numbers from people who would love to dive next time I am down that way.
Big thumbs on Washington state divers :)

I 'll definitely keep ya in mind next time we head out that way Jeff :). I hope you'll do the same when you venture up this way.

Cheers,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom