Vancouver diver looking for buddies.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey there guys,

I love to dive and don't mind taking people out periodically, but i haven't offered to head out with anyone lately because i'm in the middle of my thesis etc...

Anyways, my experience is that the best way to make more dive buddies is to take courses and attend the weekly night dives put on at local shops. For instance GPD and IDC both run dives with free air and dive leader weekly. You should also hook up with yerba mate. He's a good diver and is often ready to head out.

wwunder

hey guys, just got onto this site recently. I'm out near White rock, but attempt to dive at least weekly, but that hasn't been happening recently. I'm up for diving with new people, but my schedule is: work, monday to friday, 8-5. So evenings are possible, as long as we get out at a decent time, but weekends are when I do most of my diving. Normally saturdays.

I'm a rescue diver, so if there's someone who doesn't want to stay at 60 feet, or wants to do night dives, let me know. PM me, or msn me.

Oh, and I'm always into trying new places too. Sometimes they don't turn out the best, but it's always fun. Got any ideas?

Did that vancouver dive club ever take off? I have been doing some diving lately, and I am feeling a lot more comfortable in the water. I am fairly busy right now with school, but if anyone one would like to head out with someone who is still new to the sport let me know, and hopfully we can work something out. I have only ever dove at whytecliff and at grey rock in indian arm. I would love to try out some new locations.

Hope to hear from you guys soon!

Tommy

I teach in the Vancouver area and our shop has a "dive club" of sorts. There is no charge for this at all and we currently dive every Wed night... It's getting light later and with daylight savings approaching the first tank of the night will still be in daylight....although with tis plankton bloom ....every dive is pretty much a night dive !!!
pm me if you want more info.

I normally dive with radagalf or nessum...hoping to get out with bcsean and possibly bwerb one of these days...I really think we should do the van dive club thing. If you pm me I'll give you a phone # and then we can agree on a spot/date. As long as you have all your own gear the air/tank rental is all you have to pay for from your LDS.

By the way was anyone out last night (Wed 24th...) we went to Whytecliff..took a look at the 4-6 foot rollers and decided to go around the corner to Lookout point where it was like a lake....yehaw...

sharkmasterbc:
By the way was anyone out last night (Wed 24th...) we went to Whytecliff..took a look at the 4-6 foot rollers and decided to go around the corner to Lookout point where it was like a lake....yehaw...
Great :15a: and I couldn’t go …
I am counting the days ... hours ... minutes … seconds ... it goes very slow without diving… (Yes, I am frustrated …) :sofa:
I am looking forward going back into the water after a few test dives in the pool (new gear, recovery, more courses etc.)

Don't forget me guys, I'LL BE BACK! :scubadive

Hi guys/gals,

If anyone needs a dive buddy I would love come along. I am a CMAS P2 and TDI Basic Nitrox diver (if you care about the cards).

I will be arriving in Vancouver in early May to attend graduate studies at UBC. I have heard a lot of great things about diving in the cold waters of Vancouver and I am eager to find out for myself.

Hey Freeman, I think you found your match. Give me a bathtub and I will beat you to it! :wink:

See you in May.

Thanks Yerba Mate,

I have been searching for that link eversince Bwerb told me about the UBC dive club. Maybe we will see each other come May.

Cheers.

Do you dive Vancouver Island??? I will be there on vacation May 15th - May 22nd, diving days hopefully May 15th - May 18th. The other days I will be spending time with my non-diving wife. I am a new SSI Dive Con (DM/Asst Inst), dry suit cert.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom