Vancouver Island Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WOW!! Just got back from a weekend on the Island...3 days, 8 dives...Beautiful weather...great vis' all around from Madrona to up north of the narrows...Whales and porpoises, Eels and octopus...lings all over..it just doesn't get much better!

Anyone know what happened to the marker for the Capilano?

Anyone know what happened to the marker for the Capilano?
It usually gets dragged away by weather or log tow every winter and gets replaced about this time of year by local dive operators.

Capilano is still one of the wreck I need to get to. Hopefully it will be in the near future.

Al

Capilano is still one of the wreck I need to get to. Hopefully it will be in the near future.

Al
Yeah but you'll have to get your truck over that pesky Malahat if you want to dive the Cap.

There should be another float at 15' on the Cap. The top float is a break away. If you are heading out there, be prepared for the top float to be missing, btw... they are black, that way they are less likely to get pulled by sporties. Unfortunately all the bright ones went missing quickly.
O

Wondering if anyone can tell me what kind of vis to expect at Madrona Pt. right now?

Wondering if anyone can tell me what kind of vis to expect at Madrona Pt. right now?
Neck point was faily clear yesterday and Madrona is usually better so I would guess it should be pretty good. Depends on the weather though, but mostly good this time of year.

Discovery Pass vis....40' but still some damn fine diving...gotta love the drift!!:14:

Dan Bauer from Sidney Dive Centre (Dive'n Surf) just sent out an email to his distribution list indicating he has bought all the stock from Liquid Heaven. Apparently he has some equipment that appears to have been given to Liquid Heaven for repairs. If its yours or your know whos it is, he says he'll return it to its owner. He can be reached 250-896-0979.

Incidentally he re-opened in some space rented from the Dive College out by Sleggs (visible from Pat Bay Hwy), and just as quickly as he re-opened he sold the whole operation(including charter boat) to a couple from Alaska. Hopefully the whole community will benefit from it. Time will tell.

The Sunday Divers dive club along with Wilson's diving are hosting a crab and corn cook-out on the beach at Esquimalt Lagoon on Sunday Aug.24 at 2 p.m. Everyone is welcome to attend have some grub and swap war stories. Should be a great afternoon!
Also Sunday divers are doing a harbor clean-up at Tsehum Harbor (resthaven wharf)
in Sidney. We could use all the help we can get both above and below the water! It will take place on Sept.13 at 9 a.m. A BBQ will follow along with a prize draw.
In addition to those events we will have a booth set up at the Sidney Dive Expo. Come out and meet club members and see what we've been up to. New members of any level are always welcome! Check out our facebook group "sunday divers".

Back
Top Bottom