Venice conditions - please, no off topic posts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
There were many of us who did not want the division in the first place. I do not dive in Tampa, not even in a greater tampa, and do not visit that forum. If I'm going to drive that far to dive, I'm going to the other coast. It's the same distance.
Then expect to miss some information about Venice... :depressed:

So now, I'm being told to visit a forum I do not visit to view a sticky for the dive I dive most frequently. It used to be a sticky in OUR forum, but was removed and when we asked for it back were told that the dive was not a scubaboard function and therefore could not be a sticky. Yet now it is in the tampa forum.
Yes, and now it is being offered in the only forum it can be "stickied" in based on someone's rights to be able to do it in that forum and ScubaBoard policy now in action

I don't know how others see it, but to me this is just a slap in the face.
Get a life if this "is just a slap in the face" Or, get a web site and post all you want about Venice. It could easily become a very large site, and would probably be added to the "sticky" in the Tampa thread!

I have nothing against the members of the tampa forum, just do not appreciate the seperate forum, nor having to check it for my most frequent dive.
The truth emerges. You DO resent the forum as stated in this particular post, and will continue making the same statements you have made for more than a year

Today the water was almost glassy with visibility of 10 feet and 60Ž° F water temperature. I'm glad we had our 7 mm suits. Brrrrrr.

Sorry, but I have no idea what the conditions were in the Tampa Bay area, I didn't make it that far north.
I can tell you, since it is so close to Venice Beach, they were exactly the same :D

I have been following this drama for some time now and withholding my opinion until now. As a bystander I can see both sides of the controversy and it is my opinion that starting a Venice Fossil Diver section complete with beach conditions reports makes the best sense. Therefore I will start the ball rolling and I expect all of you that have been so vocal to either support the idea, take over the cause or come up with a better idea
There ya go! :wink:

Too bad it took someone 1/2 way between Tampa and Venice to come up with the idea :popcorn:

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom