Venice conditions - please, no off topic posts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know how others see it, but to me this is just a slap in the face.

I have nothing against the members of the tampa forum, just do not appreciate the seperate forum, nor having to check it for my most frequent dive.

This is one of the main reasons that I have gone from logging in and posting several times a day to logging in every couple of weeks.

I'm with you there, brother. I don't check in or post as often as I used to.

All I can think to say to anyone who is outright offended by Venice being included in the GTBA is: Good luck in life if you find something that trivial to be offensive...

To the people who are just annoyed at how they have to get to the Venice thread, I have a suggestion to offer. I made a Scubaboard folder in my IE favorites. In it, I have saved the direct link to all threads I like to view. That way none of them are more than a click away. It wouldn't matter to me if the Venice thread got combined with an Australian thread, it would still be one click away for me...

To make a comment like that shows that you have absolutely no clue what you're talking about with regards to our disdain for being lumped in with the Tampites.
I think Colin said it best: "We ain't the 813"

Today the water was almost glassy with visibility of 10 feet and 60Ž° F water temperature. I'm glad we had our 7 mm suits. Brrrrrr.

Sorry, but I have no idea what the conditions were in the Tampa Bay area, I didn't make it that far north.

LOL...good one, Walter.

For people who claim to be so bothered by this, and have a high level of disdain for being associated with it, you certainly seem to be checking the thread pretty often...

Dive Solo - you are not lumped in by any stretch of the imagination. No one would ever force you over there. Really.... Though personally I enjoy your posts and welcome your participation.

Guys how about doing the right thing and start a thread, or speak to a mod/powers that be? Even better how about starting a Venice Club forum? There are guidelines to do that, and they are fairly simply to achieve. :) The clubs on SB have been doing fantastic and have become a great resource. Another idea; start a thread and rally for a Venice sticky in the main Conch Forum.

Please know that simply because there is a sticky elsewhere that notes Venice temps it in no way shape or form precludes you from starting or rallying for a sticky elsewhere. Why on earth one would think that is boggling at best. :confused6:

What is happening now, yet again, is a hi-jack of someone else's thread which really isn't fair to the OP, yet it continues to happen. The same people complain, but never ever take the proper steps to try and achieve something they can live with. Instead they take jabs and complain - maybe a new way of going about things is in order, or at least worth a try?

Something to think about; If the club/GTBA all decided to take a trip to AU so they decided to follow the temps there via a sticky do you really think AU would be upset? I think not. So attacking this group simply because they keep track of an area often dived by them makes about as much sense.

Again, I offered suggestions for cleaning up the Main Conch Forum so that maybe, just maybe, (though doubtful since Venice is such a minority in that big forum) you could get a sticky there. I've also laid out more suggestions in this post.

With that, I'd hope you'd take at least one suggestion or discontinue the hi-jacks and the attacks. Some are seriously tired of hearing it.

As my grandfather would say; s*&t or get off the pot.

Last edited:
I may be closer to a newbie as far as the boards go but HOLY COW!

I read nothing but a bunch of soap box crying. Post here, not here, "sticky" this, and "sticky" that, and that's NOT my area. I join the boards the learn about different dive sites and meet up with other dive buddies from the entire west coast of FL.
It's an opinion on how far one can perceive where the boundaries on the Tampa Bay area outline. Look at as if a major airport decided the area. I feel Venice and Englewood are on the edge of that area. Only being a short drive (less than an hour), Tampites visit quite often and vice versa. I check different threads as I Dive mentioned...

... I made a Scubaboard folder in my IE favorites. In it, I have saved the direct link to all threads I like to view. That way none of them are more than a click away. ...

This way I view conditions as well as Off-Topic items as well and BUILD my bud list. I read both and all. Sorry for putting in my 2 cents.

BTW. 60° Walter, no kidding Brrrrr. What location?

mseese - we have had this one going for almost a year now. it has been great: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/greater-tampa-bay-area/215852-gulf-water-temperatures.html

I will have the title on it changed. You will see it is stickied, so it is always there.

Changing the thread title changed the URL and that screwed it up for anyone that had it bookmarked:
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/gr...a-gulf-water-conditions-including-venice.html

So,,, the thread title used to be Gulf Water Temps and now it's Gulf Water Conditions - Including Venice :confused:

Why do we have to point out that Venice is part of the Gulf? Was there someone that didn't know that?? :shakehead:

There's way too much meddling and "turfism" going on with the left coast. :no:

I have been following this drama for some time now and withholding my opinion until now. As a bystander I can see both sides of the controversy and it is my opinion that starting a Venice Fossil Diver section complete with beach conditions reports makes the best sense. Therefore I will start the ball rolling and I expect all of you that have been so vocal to either support the idea, take over the cause or come up with a better idea

I Dive:
For people who claim to be so bothered by this, and have a high level of disdain for being associated with it, you certainly seem to be checking the thread pretty often...

Perhaps you missed it, but you are not posting in the Tampa forum.

Back on topic...

BlueWaterBrad:
BTW. 60Ž° Walter, no kidding Brrrrr. What location?

Alhambra. We're thinking of going back tomorrow if conditions hold.

MoteMan:
it is my opinion that starting a Venice Fossil Diver section complete with beach conditions reports makes the best sense. Therefore I will start the ball rolling and I expect all of you that have been so vocal to either support the idea

I'll help if I can. What would you like us to do?

Walter, since you are the #1 proponent, if you would PM others of like mind, recruit their support and provide them with a link to the poll, that would speed things up. BTW thanks for your vote.

Mike

I have been following this drama for some time now and withholding my opinion until now. As a bystander I can see both sides of the controversy and it is my opinion that starting a Venice Fossil Diver section complete with beach conditions reports makes the best sense. Therefore I will start the ball rolling and I expect all of you that have been so vocal to either support the idea, take over the cause or come up with a better idea

:yelclap: way to go Mote :)

I'm with Walter on this. I'm more than a little resentful that when we asked to have a sticky in the Florida trips forum, it was denied because diving Venice is not a "ScubaBoard sponsored event", yet it appears in the Greater Tampa forum (which apparently now covers most of Florida) as a sticky.

I'm ready now for all the "Greater Tampa" divers to tell me to quit whining. I just know it's gonna happen.
Not going to tell you to quit whining... just to explain... Someone has rights in the "Greater Tampa" forum to make stickies, and doesn't have rights in the main forum to make stickies. It's also now a matter of stickies in the "trips" and the "main" forums are reserved to SB sponsored events only.

I agree, it isn't part of "Greater", but it is the only place you will get a "sticky". I was the first to post a "Venice Conditions" thread for each month. I am from the Tampa area, hence it was originally in the Tampa section, stickied and updated each month... It fell by the wayside when the Florida forum was changed...

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom