Venice Dive Questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaSloan

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am coming down this weekend to do some diving and have looked at the stickies for where to dive, but I had some questions about when to dive. Is there a best time in terms of tide, wind etc to dive for the best conditions and and results? It sounds like an easterly wind early in the morning makes for good diving?

Thanks for your help

Sloan

Yepper, east winds are a definite plus. I like to do early morning before winds start to kick up. Late afternoon in the summer time we usually get thunderstorms. A lot of folks like high tide.

East winds and incoming tides.

East east east, oh yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please give us east this weekend? Does anyone know what its going to be this weekend?

Friday
Southeast winds 5 to 10 knots. Seas 2 feet. Bay and inland waters a light chop. Isolated thunderstorms.
Friday Night
East winds 5 to 10 knots. Seas 2 feet. Bay and inland waters a light chop. Isolated thunderstorms.
Saturday
East winds 5 to 10 knots. Seas 2 feet. Bay and inland waters a light chop. Isolated thunderstorms.
Saturday Night
Sunday

Is that enough east for you? If not I can post wednesday and thursday also.

Oh and if you didn't like the report from weatherunderground.com Here's the NOAA forecast.

Friday: E wind around 6 kt becoming SW in the afternoon. Scattered showers and thunderstorms after noon. Seas 1 ft or less.

Friday Night: E wind 6 to 8 kt. Isolated showers and thunderstorms before midnight. Seas 1 ft or less.

Saturday: ESE wind 7 to 10 kt. Scattered showers and thunderstorms. Seas 1 ft or less.

Saturday Night: ESE wind 8 to 11 kt. Isolated showers and thunderstorms. Seas 1 ft or less.

I am planning on diving Alhambra and from what I have found on the board, the best place to go is between the south side of the northern most condo building the trees to the north, then head out straight past the sandbar. How far out are we talking? As a first timer I am sure I will just silt up the joint for an hour or two and come back in, but any tips? I've seen some people say to ignore the sand and look for gravel beds. Do most people just sweep up and down, parallel to the beach?

You should start to find the gravel beds in about 15 ft & up of water. Be careful if you go out from the pipes. They dropped an artifical reef made out of limestone blocks in about 15 ft of water. People have seen some cool stuff on it but, be careful if the vis is bad that you don't run into it. Ow!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom