Venice yak diving, anyone interested?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

<anip> I've never used a bungee on my anchor line or reel cuz I'm too chicken. I figure that's 2 extra knots which can come loose. <snip>

I am visioning that if you tied the bungee directly onto the rope (vs. cutting the rope and putting the bungee between) and gave some length to the rope so that when the bungee was stretched taught, then there would still be a little play in the rope, it would work. Then if the bungee came loose, you are only loosing the bungee..

And the boat.

yeah, and the boat. :rofl3: slight detail missing!

Oh wait a minute, I reread what you wrote in response to my response.
You would still have the boat.
Rope from boat to you. Bungee tied onto the rope.
Dang, now I have to fashion it and take a picture. ...

To be continued....

Yeah, I'm having a hard time visualizing this.

I still don't get it. Somebody gotta draw me a pic.

Ok. Excuse the crappy photo.
The pink line on the left of this photo is your line from the kayak. When the seas are bumpy, and the kayak bounces, the bungee cord absorbs the shock because it is shorter than the line. Does this help? Of course, you would fashion a decent knot and I would think you would place the bungee pretty close to the top to avoid entanglement if you have to reel in quickly.
P1010293.jpg

Ahhhhhh.................................now I get it!

Whew!!!

Anybody out there still interested in a meet and greet, and maybe getting a group together and into the water sometime in the near future? Haven't heard anything regarding this since I restarted this thread. If i missed something let me know? :D

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom