Venice yak diving, anyone interested?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yep, there is. I sent you the web page via your regular e-mail.

Hmmmmmm.....................don't know of any state parks in Ft. Myers. Sorry.

I found one site left at Koreshan State Historic Site, it's 1-1/2 hours Southeast of Venice but it does have kayaking on the Estero River.

I am really torn, a few different people in the Keys or visiting the Keys are expecting me to visit, but there is no place left for me to camp down there and with three dogs in tow, I am NOT expecting anyone to let me stay with them. I wish I could do both.

Dana, thanks for the e-mailed info. :)

Anytime :wink:

picnic & paddle sounds good, but dive and paddle sounds really good (weather permitting)! I would be interested for sure. Must confess it would be my 1st yak dive, I am planning some practice runs but not sure how much time I will have between now and then, just a warning! Also I drive a full size crew cab pik up, with lots of space I might be able to help out with gear or driving.

Cool Beans indeedidive, where 'bouts do you live?
It was suggested to me the first time to dive is to load all the gear and find an unexposed area to practice with the gear on and off, and stuff. Dennis S suggested Whiskey Creek on this coast.

What is the gulf temp now? Would think they will be dropping more in the next couple days with this cold front coming in.

Darn, the Koreshan spot is gone now.

Bummer..

So, anybody interested in a paddle on the west coast Christmas weekend? Saturday preferably..

Gulf temp from the station at Sharky's is 70. You're right though, it will probably drop in the next few days.

That's not nearly as bad as I thought it was. I remember a couple Thanksgivings at Venice where the water temps were low 60's!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom