Venice yak diving, anyone interested?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah, last year was bad.

Slate just sealed the deal. $35 for a double dip on the Spiegel including tanks? Gotta do it, Christmas afternoon. Too bad because that spot at Koreshan opened up again, a nice spot way off to the side. Hmm, maybe I'll just do Koreshan Saturday through Sunday.

DONE, booked the last tent camping spot at Koreshan State Historic Site for the night of the 26th. Kayaking/canoeing on the Estero River. Would you ladies like to join me for camping (it's dog friendly and my pupkids are coming) or at least for yakking one or both days? Map of Koreshan. It's about 1-1/2 hours from Venice; two hours from Broward. Heck, anyone is welcome to come kayaking or canoeing. They rent canoes there. We could use my campsite for a picnic lunch. I plan to yak with the dogs both days...I need to get us all in shape for my Cayo Costa trip in February.

Argh, I wanna go too. But I can't. I'll be in the area Jan 13 thru 20. I'm hoping to go hunting at some time then. I have an inflatible and outboard, or I can bring the yak along. It's like a mile or two from a beach?

-dennis

Sounds good Debby. What time do you think you will be ready to paddle on Saturday? I want to coordinate with the Bullas whom I will be staying with. So, no camping for me, just paddling.

(Cancelled tonights paddle because of the wind and cold.. and my hand still is far from being 100%)

Well Jenny, let me think. I'll be home mid-evening from the Keys on Christmas day and will need to pack stuff (I actually hope to get this done a few days before Christmas and have it ready). Then need to drive over, check in, pitch tent (tent takes two minutes!) Early to mid-afternoon and I'm sorry I can't give you a more definite yet...let's talk a few days before Christmas. It looks like a beautiful area and I'm bringing my paddling puppers too!

Mid afternoon sounds good!
Wanna plan on some sorts of eats too afterwards?

Not sure what's around and I'll have the dogs...we could certainly cook a meal at the site. If you want to stay over, they allow another tent on the site.

Thanks, but am staying at the Bullas.

OK, well maybe we'll see a place where we can eat outdoors with the pups when we are over there and if not, y'all could still come hang out at my campsite for a big. Are the Bullas coming to paddle too? They rent canoes there.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom