Venting

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jmmcintyre

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Has anyone had any dealings with TDL (Technical Diving Limited http://tdl.divebiz.net/)? I have bought a few things from them in the past and decided to give them another run around. I am not sure how they run their internet service however itÃÔ extremely slow. It took eight days for a bunch of small things to be sent out. Once I called and e-mailed then did I find out it was shipped today; no return call, or e-mail. If you call their number all you ever get is a recording that no one answers.

I want to give them the benefit of the doubt because they have a wonderful site and lots of products but have not come across anyone that has said they didnÃÕ have a problem with the time it took to get their order.

Wanted to hear what anyone else had to say about them.

Have a wonderful day, and happy diving.

I've ordered things from TDL a couple of times, and haven't had any issues. Right now, I'm waiting on some AL40s I ordered, but I did get an e-mail from Joel telling me they would be delayed, and that was okay with me.

I have found them to be slow. But if you log into your account you can see your order status. I don't expect stuff from them in less than 2 weeks so I am rarely disappointed. I plan ahead so I am rarely in a rush, but when I am I just order elsewhere.

I've used them several times without issue. As Lynn mentioned, the special he ran on aluminum stages was slow shipping, but he told us it would be.

I clicked this thread expecting "venting" to be some sort of regional term for off-gassing...

I think it depends a lot on what you're ordering. I've bought a few things from them, some come quickly (hoses, etc.), others not so much.

As was suggested, try contacting Joel over at divematrix. I think he is js1scuba. He's very active in his "doing what works" subforum.

Also, TDL is run by serious divers! Sometimes they are short handed because they are out doing the dives we all dream of, which is why their advice can be as valuable as their excellent sale prices and specials.

theskull

I have had recurrent issues with TDL.

A month ago I placed a small order with TDL. 3 weeks later -- NOTHING! No e-mail, no package in the mail, nothing! I checked my account online and there was a note from TDL that was 3 weeks old that said my order would be shipped shortly. I wrote again asking what the---, they told me the items were on back order. Okay, no big deal.

I have had similar problems in the past. Place an internet order and a month later -- NOTHING! No e-mail, no package, no information online even when you log in to their web site.

That's fine if something is on back order, but a little COMMUNICATION would be in order.....

I think I'm done with TDL, there is much better communication and service elsewhere, like Dive Sports, Extreme-Exposure, etc. heck, even Leisure Pro does a better job than TDL!

They are slow and there communication is poor. I have stopped using them because of this. They will however get you your product at some point.

I have had nothing but good experiences with TDL. Joel strives to serve his customers well and will go out of his way to do whatever is necessary. Hiccups happen from time to time, but Joel is a great guy and and excellent businessman. Give him a call or send him an e-mail and he will take care of you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom