VEO 180NX issue + canadian distributor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Polar_diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello everyone,

First here's the issue I faced twice last week with my VEO 180NX.

-Water contact auto-turn on was enable but computer failed to turn on
-Tried to turn it on manually once I noticed it but wouldn't turn on (ALT showed up on the screen then turned off. Probably normal as I was at 20 ft+ then...)
-Aborted dive
-Once at surface, computer turned on but reverted to original date and time (01.01.2004 / 0h00)
-As I couldn't be 100% confident that residual Nitrogen from previous dives was still considered when calculating no-deco time, I stayed dry for 24 hours each time.

On a 7 days diving trip...

Contacted Oceanic where Mark was a great help. He refered me to Oceanic's Canadian distributor. They never cared to answer my e-mail...

I'm now considering sending my unit to Oceanic in CA. They charge 110$ for to repair it. On top of that, I will pay for shipping both ways.

Do you think it worths it or should I simply buy a new computer?

hey Polar_Diver,

Checkout this thread, sounds sort of similiar to issues others are reporting with other VEO computers.

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/oceanic/315614-veo-250-dive-computer.html

Feel free to chime in on the thread. Since the repair waranty is only good for a year, I don't plan on doing any thing until just before I head out on another trip. Otherwise, the waranty goes to waste while the computer is just sitting on the shelf. You be the judge if it is worth replacing/repairing after reading through this thread.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom