Verizon's new Underwater Cell Phone...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WarrenZ:
Great one more piece of junk to make noise at the beach. :wink: Now how are we supposed to get a new phone if we cant say we ran it through the washer or dropped it off the boat?

Your "running through the washer" comment made me think of a joke they do here on the radio channel.

The mornging DJ has people call in for free concert tickets and play "Cell Phone Rodeo". He makes you call in on your cell phone and put it in the clothes dryer for 10 seconds. IF it cuts off from tossing around, then you loose. IF it makes it 10 seconds you win the concert tickets...

Thats the second or third generation of waterproof cell phones over here. I got mine for $20, doesn't work underwater but great when a customer calls to book dives and we are out on the boat already, don't have to worry about spray or anything.

WarrenZ:
Now how are we supposed to get a new phone if we cant say we ran it through the washer or dropped it off the boat?

Well, dropping it off the boat still works or you can do like I did yesterday, drop it at work and recover it after the forklift ran over it.

would make a pretty neat "can you hear me now" commercial. Shy of that, whoever thought it up should be flogged.

I can just see the text messages now...
Diver 1: Hey, where r u?
Diver 2: I'm by the rock
Diver 1: I cant c u
Diver 2: Im rt here!
Diver 1: Still cant c u. R we sppd 2 abort?
Diver 2: Naw. Hasn't been a min
Diver 1: R u Swimmin 2 me?
Diver 2: Nope. I'm sittin still. Waitin 4 u
Diver 1: So am I! How we goin get 2gether?
DM: You guys quit clowning around. Find UR PARTNER!

Diver 1: I didn't know he was on our buddy list...

You know, I don't think I'm ready for this kind of technology. I'll stick to hand signals and slates. (And I thought my magnetic one was "high tech"! Geesh!)

I work for a wireless infrastructure company and sent the link to all my dive buddies and work buddies. My boss asked me if I could now work while I was underwater.....obviously he was joking but I'm sure in the back of his mind he wasn't.....

Now that I finally have a reliable wireless connection for my computer, I'm thinking of doing away with my land line completely. The only thing it was good for was attaching to a modem. My phone only rings when a telemarketer or "tele-fax" is on the other end. I can live without that interruption, and there's always the delete key for spam.

I'm one of those holdouts who has no need for a cell phone just to discover that no one calls me. The only time it would be useful is when I'm traveling away from the island.

I will NEVER understand the water proof MP3, or cell phone thing! Why ruin the peace?:no

You know you want one Shelli.

Back
Top Bottom