Victoria Vis conditions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wedivebc:
OK Mark. Seems as you are doing way more diving than the rest of us. We had 40+ ft below 30ft algie bloom at Willis wednesday. Will try the inlet again next week.
With the long, bright days, I'm going out alot after work. It's weird that, even though Mill Bay is in Saanich Inlet, the vis is always way worse than the rest of the Inlet. Maybe it's because of the more gentle, sandy slopes instead of those sharp rock walls.

swankenstein:
With the long, bright days, I'm going out alot after work. It's weird that, even though Mill Bay is in Saanich Inlet, the vis is always way worse than the rest of the Inlet. Maybe it's because of the more gentle, sandy slopes instead of those sharp rock walls.

Just checked out you new web host. Much better. Always loved your site just hated the pop-ups.

Good dive at my new favourite site, Henderson. Not sure why I haven't dove there much until now. Vis wasn't bad... and only a max depth of 52'.

Sat and watched a big octopus through a vertical crack, which was kinda neat. Also saw a dog fish swim within a foot of my dive buddy, but he didn't notice until I told him... Good stuff.

- ChillyWaters

Willis: Viz was fine again... not great, but okay. Are we cleared for the rest of the year, or will it get bad again?

Saw a baby octopus, and there were a LOT of painted greenlings out today. Very few nudis.

- ChillyWaters

Vis was back down to 20 feet at Enterprise Channel this afternoon. I had tourists asking permission to watch me get in the water and thanking me like it was a great favour when I said "sure". Polite tourists. There was a baby seal on the beach. I hope it wasn't abandoned. I was thinking of catching it and putting it in my Rubbermaid container and taking it home. I could get it a sequined collar and little booties and walk it around downtown with my capuccino. We could even go diving together. It would be my new best friend.
Eventually I decided to let nature take it's course. Un-fabulous nature!

swankenstein:
Vis was back down to 20 feet at Enterprise Channel this afternoon. I had tourists asking permission to watch me get in the water and thanking me like it was a great favour when I said "sure". Polite tourists. There was a baby seal on the beach. I hope it wasn't abandoned. I was thinking of catching it and putting it in my Rubbermaid container and taking it home. I could get it a sequined collar and little booties and walk it around downtown with my capuccino. We could even go diving together. It would be my new best friend.
Eventually I decided to let nature take it's course. Un-fabulous nature!
Hey Mark, want to do a SOSD dive at Mackenzie Bight thursday? I don't really need a buddy and neither do you, I just want to test the repair on my drysuit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom