Vietnam Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Comparing those prices means nothing, because you're comparing a theory course with a course where you also get to make 2 dives. Also I don't know what is included in those 99$, it would not surprise me if certification and/or manual are extra.

Agreed. My local dive shops teach only the theory for around $150.
$200 for the course and some dives in Vietnam seems like a good deal to me ;]

I did check their website and that is what is claimed there.

Just checked their site, but can't find that claim. I may be overlooking something though, can't say I like their site very much.

They must be following this thread, it now reads, "- Anh, Hoang, Viet & Chien are probably the best known and most experienced divers in Vietnam with over 10,000 dives each!"

That is not their own website, but one of those 'book through us and we'll get you a good deal' booking agents, nothing more. They even came up with a 'shadow name' on that website.
So I still can't find it on their website.

From experience: this booking agent does not bring any business, at least not to us.

BTW, you mention in your profile you are familiar with diving in Vietnam, since there are not that many options there you must also know Rainbow Divers. Sounds to me like you have some kind of beef with them?

Naw, last time I was diving in Vietnam, Rainbow Divers was not even a gleam in Ho Chi Minh's eye. I just have a problem with the claim of 10,000 dives, I know what it takes to get there, and I have some doubts about this shop having even four individuals who can rightfully lay claim to that status.

Personally I love the diving in Vietnam.

I have always been lucky with Viz when visiting, there and have a great time with the camera and its resident critters.From memory Feb/march always seems to offer reasonable vis.

I have dived with several operators there and had a good time with all of them, the guides did seem knowledgeable and had a good eye for the critters the boats all possessed the necessary safety equipment and differed only in size.

I haven't dived with Rainbow but have also heard good things about them to.

There are plenty of accommodation options for all budgets in Nha trang including a well priced swanky Novotel now.

I Also enjoy Nha trang and the surrounding area, A stop over at Ho chi min is always a bonus to for the wife who loves the shopping there.

As for is the store any better with star ratings etc etc from the agency.
Not necessarily quite often it means they have made a business commitment and nothing more.

Have fun.

Back
Top Bottom