Vintage doubles - worth it?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If anyone is interested, I have a set of steel double 45's for sale on the market forum......

Oldmossback

I have a set of double 72s but with a modern manifold. I love diving with them, and I suspect you will too. I'm not sure what you're getting them for, but even if the tanks don't work out you can probably find another set pretty easily, and use the bands/manifold on this set.

I have a set of double 72s but with a modern manifold. I love diving with them, and I suspect you will too.

I'm getting these to dive with a Phoenix RAM I've been "working" on - well, I've really just been trying to get my courage up to build it; the original DAAM is apart, parts cleaned, modern replacement bits including hoses purchased from VDH. Just need to put it together and get it dialed in.

Is your manifold an isolation manifold with 2 "outlets"? Are the central outlet manifolds even being made anymore?

Henrik

Several people I know of are using old Selpac Manifolds, they have on outlet between the tanks, and one on the Right Tank. I have a J Valve Selpac, that is just waiting to meet a couple of good Steel 72's.

This would be a great set of double 72s for use with the double hose regulator. If you're using a Mossback Mk III, you'll have no problem with the original manifold. If you have a Mistral or other double hose without LP and HP ports, then if you desire, the Selpak valve is a good investment, but not really necessary unless you are diving them deep. We used double 72s in the USAF without an SPG and had no problems (1968 realm).

SeaRat

You should end up with a very sweet set for diving down to 120-130. My 72's have many hours on the Oragon and San Dieago.

I see you are in NY, I'm up in Bridgeport, if you run into problems doign your reg let me know, perhaps we can meet in the middle over a beer and get it together.

Pete Johnson

This would be a great set of double 72s for use with the double hose regulator. If you're using a Mossback Mk III, you'll have no problem with the original manifold.

Thanks John. I'll be using a RAM with a Phoenix upgrade, so I should be fine with HP and LP ports for an "eclectic" doublehose setup.

You should end up with a very sweet set for diving down to 120-130. My 72's have many hours on the Oragon and San Dieago.

I see you are in NY, I'm up in Bridgeport, if you run into problems doign your reg let me know, perhaps we can meet in the middle over a beer and get it together.

Pete Johnson

Thanks for both information and offer Pete. I've been playing with rebuilding old-ish SP regs and will be trying my hand at the doublehose when I get a bit of time - hopefully in August.

Thanks everyone,

Henrik

Just picked up a set of SWEET double 45's from Old Mossback this afternoon. The day was going really well until I got rear ended on the way home. My F150 has a bit of bumper damage. His Accord...well, it didn't look too bad when the tow truck pulled away...except for the hood, radiator, big puddle, a real pissed off wife...I think I'll stick with big american cars for the time being. No, my new twins where not injured in the incident.

ka

Glad to hear you and the twins were not harmed. Congrats!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom