Vintage Gear WANTED

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sam_The_Submersible

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
hi there,

I'm living on a small island in thailand called Koh Tao. There is massive diving community here with over 50 dive schools.

In a couple of weeks i will be opening a hamburger shop. I would like to set up a small display of vintage diving gear, i think it would interest the customers.

I don't have a heap of money but i'm looking for:

Two hose regs, knives, masks, cammera's, oddities, anything really!

Condition only has to be fair as the gear is for display only and will not be in use.

Thanks! I look forward to hearing from you.

Sam

Hi Sam,
Just a little FYI. Double hose regs are getting somewhat more expensive, $75 USD is about the least you will pay for any DH reg and some of the more rare ones will go a lot more. With the increasing availability of restoration parts, the demand has grown a lot over the last few years. Unless it's very very messed up, pretty much any USD/Voit DH reg can be restored to diving condition. Single hose regs are somewhat less expensive but even those seem to be trending up....not too sure why since parts are not available for a large number of them.

Thanks for the info Herman.

I'm hoping to pay around the 75 - 150 mark for an average condition two hose reg.

If anyone wants to contact me directly my email is cicada_ent@hotmail.com

cheers!
sam

The shop will be on the main road between Sairee and Mae Haad, just opposite the trapeze center.

Are you on Koh Tao?

I'm Hoping to open in two weeks, but it's been a BIG job! I've been making the furniture myself to save a bit of money, and at the same time perfecting the recipes, ordering kitchen equipment, etc etc.

If you're in town You'll have to come in for a burger!

The shop will be on the main road between Sairee and Mae Haad, just opposite the trapeze center.
Ah yeah, know where that is. Should be close enough to get people from both :)

Are you on Koh Tao?
I wish! Recently spent some time there. Ayesha who posts on the Thai forum regularly is one of the owners of Master Divers in Mae Haad

I'm Hoping to open in two weeks, but it's been a BIG job! I've been making the furniture myself to save a bit of money, and at the same time perfecting the recipes, ordering kitchen equipment, etc etc.

If you're in town You'll have to come in for a burger!

Best of luck, if I was still there i'd certainly drop by.

I'm actually heading back to Koh Tao in a couple weeks so maybe i'll try to stop by if you're open. I have vintage gear but it's all in diveable condition and not something I would sell but I like your idea.

I wonder how many people dive vintage, if any, in Thailand.

hi there,

I'm living on a small island in thailand called Koh Tao. There is massive diving community here with over 50 dive schools.

In a couple of weeks i will be opening a hamburger shop. I would like to set up a small display of vintage diving gear, i think it would interest the customers.

I don't have a heap of money but i'm looking for:

Two hose regs, knives, masks, cammera's, oddities, anything really!

Condition only has to be fair as the gear is for display only and will not be in use.

Thanks! I look forward to hearing from you.

Sam

Hey Sam, what is your mailing address, I have a couple of items that I'll send for free depending on shipping costs. You can pm me if you like.

sorry guys been offline for ages,

Mailing address in thailand is

sam hall
scuba junction, Sairee Beach,
koh Tao, Surrat Thani, Thailand 84360

If you sent me the stuff i could send you postage costs, (and some pics of the display with you're gear, i'd send some free hamburgers but i dont think they would travel so well).

Thanks for the replies everyone, hope to see you on the island Macado. I'm not sure if anyone here dives vintage, i certanly haven't seen it myself. Maybe there's room for a new club?? hehe

sam

You can find some old masks, knives,photos and bits and pieces on ebay I saw an old mask on there the other day that was a classic, but double hose regs are really making a come back right now. It seems that the whole retro look thing is even spreading to the dive community.

Tiny Tim

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom