Visibility clearing up?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How is diving out there guys and ladies? Haven't dove for close to a month because I am studying for final exams! :confined: Good vis? Having fun? Anything interesting?

Viz was decent up the Sunshine Coast at the beginning of the week. Nothing spectacular. 15ft tops... but never absolute muck, either.
Haven't been in the water since because my beloved drysuit is in getting new seals. I'm being a complete wuss & trying to stay dry without it. Though if it takse much longer I might just break down & hop in the ocean. Chlorine just isn't the same as salt water.

Just got in from Porteau... the vis was sub-10 feet... you had to get down quite far before it started to clear up.

... and I didn't bring my light. :)

-- greg

I dove Whytecliff yesterday (April 2nd).

For the first dive we started at the cut, then went north, then came back and went around the day marker and surfaced in the bay.

For the second dive we started at south end of the bay at the island, went part way around the island then came back along the ridge that crosses the bay and surfaced on the north side of the bay.

The vis was pretty bad everywhere, except outside the bay. The cut was the best below 50 fsw. If you're going to dive Whytecliff, dive the cut and go to the north. Bring your light.

I did a couple of dives at Tuwanek on Sechelt Inlet yesterday. The top 5 ft were really clear, then the vis dropped to about 10 ft until you hit a depth of about 50 ft. Below 50 ft the vis opened up again to 30 ft or better.

Woohoo, finished my advance class yesterday at whitecliff park. THree dives in one day starting from 1 pm and ending at 9 pm. TOOO MUCH! So tired by the end of the second dive, but I made it through. Viz was murky for the afternoon dives, mostly from people kicking up all the silts. Night dive was beautiful. My first night dive and I have to say, it is peaceful lying in the middle of the bay on your back and watching the stars. Can't wait to do that again.

Need to sleep so write later

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom