Visibility clearing up?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Uh oh sharky.... the beast is loose.

I know that there would be quite a few divers interested in a capture the flag/bbq event. Maybe no dive knives allowed, though :wink:

Haven't actually been out lately (they won't let me escape the shop)... sounds like the viz isn't anything to rave about. Though I don't think it's as bad as it was. Pretty choppy on top today, by the sounds of it.

I hope it clears up soon, doing my advance night dive class on the 26th at whytecliff and 2 dives on the 27th. Anyone been to Whytecliff this weekday yet? How is this week's viz?

Avic7:
I hope it clears up soon, doing my advance night dive class on the 26th at whytecliff and 2 dives on the 27th. Anyone been to Whytecliff this weekday yet? How is this week's viz?

Hey, I was out at Whytecliff this last weekend. The viz below about 40 ft was OK. Nothing to brag about, but you could see 15ft. We did drop down to 110 feet past the plumose beds, and down there the viz was more like 25ft and SUPER dark :> We did a couple good dives. Good luck with the night diving course.

Nalidixic

Avic7:
Hey, no worries. If the vis is still bad, you'll get more practice on the night dives, because you'll be doing them during the day as well.

I was at Ogden Point today and the vis was good considering the amount of sun we've had. I'm guessing it was around 11m (35ft) at 10m (33ft) deep. Not too shabby.

Ogden Point, never heard of that place. I googled that name, is it located in Victoria? I hope I get to dive around Victoria this year.

swankenstein:
OGDEN POINT -I was ther Sunday and vis was only 10-15 feet all the way to the bottom. It should start clearing up by summer.

It kind of strange that the viz at the Breakwater was only 15 feets on Sunday. While at Brochie ledge it was about 30-35 feet easy. Constance Bank was 50-70 feet by the way.

Hyper-limits:
It kind of strange that the viz at the Breakwater was only 15 feets on Sunday. While at Brochie ledge it was about 30-35 feet easy. Constance Bank was 50-70 feet by the way.
I think the moon sucks up all the silt at the breakwater and affects the vis :wink:

Hyper-limits:
It was 15 feet tops. Probably closer to 10 feet. I was diving at the same time as you too. I could see you guys at Brotchie when I walked out and back. Of course it was the busiest I've ever seen it at Ogden Point. It seemed like every dive shop in Western North America was taking classes there. I actually had to wait in line to see the wolf eels. There also wasn't any current at that time to take away all the stuff that the crowd kicked up. I tried Ten Mile Point first, but there were about 30 divers swarming all over the parking lot like flies on a turd.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom