volo v quattro fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hmmm... after reading a LOT of threads here... seems to me that the general consensus is that the older Quattros are faster than the newer Volos.

I've never used Quattros... I bought my Volo Race fins on the assumption that they were faster (30% according to Mares vs. 20% for the Quattros)

Now, I was thinking of getting a matched set of Volos for my booties... (I use full foots every now & then cuz I heard they are more hydro dynamic)

My dad has been eyeing my Volos... and I might just give those to him (easier on the legs though... I find the Volos extremely soft) ... and get me a matched set of Quattros and Quattro Power fins.

Can anyone at all say that he/she has experienced the Volos being faster than the Quattros?

Thanks!

They are quite different. I still can't decide if I like the volos at all. I use the quattros more and have installed spring straps from Manta. I like them a lot. The Volos feel "mushy" and you will definitely notice a difference. They are lighter too. Maybe that helps out a bit, I don't know.. I have had no trouble whatsoever with manouverability etc. They require a slightly different technique & I think I need more time to give them a fair chance.

I know what you mean... I actually like my Volos... but if the Quattros have been proven to be faster, or better with alternate kicks... then I'll get a pair as well. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom