Vortex revisited

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm not sure the shovel in the Disappeared program was the one Jill saw. They used lots of "dramatic recreation" footage.

A lot of yahoos went there between the time Edd went and Jill went three. Could be anyones shovel. No they did not go farther than Edd.

A lot of yahoos went there between the time Edd went and Jill went three. Could be anyones shovel. No they did not go farther than Edd.

You mean when the TV said the family was convinced it was Ben's - that might be wrong? Can't be - I saw it on TV!

Whoot! A visit from our favorite new TV star!

Yeah, I didn't believe they went further than Edd, either. It was some Yahoo's. Hey, did Edd just coin a new word for non-qualified cave divers? :D

Yes he did :)

Reactions: Jax
Whoot! A visit from our favorite new TV star!

Yeah, I didn't believe they went further than Edd, either. It was some Yahoo's. Hey, did Edd just coin a new word for non-qualified cave divers? :D
I missed it. What was it?

It was actually Paul Heinerth who spotted the shovel while he and Jill were filming their search. It was pretty far in the cave BUT NOT as far back as Edd went. I haven't seen the "Disappeared" program yet, so I can't be more specific about how they used that footage or the whole shovel idea. There is no evidence that it was Ben's shovel, but his family really latched onto that theory, even when we sat there and told them it was inconclusive. I think they had some pictures of Ben with a shovel rigged to his gear. Ben McDaniel was not the only person in the world to cave dive with a folding shovel.

Kevin C. or Eduardo can probably answer the shovel question???

The shovel in the footage certainly didn't look like it would if it was in the cave for 8months. Color me skeptical.

The shovel in the footage certainly didn't look like it would if it was in the cave for 8months. Color me skeptical.

You??? :shocked2: Who'd have thought it??? :)

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom