Vortoberfest VII - 2011

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
And I am going to be good this year :blinking:.....I really am...:wink:

So what does the St Andrews jetties look like for Saturday?

(Yes Mat you gave me the link a long time ago, I just want someone else to do it for me) :D

Thanks Jason. :kiss2:

Roxanne we are definitely still having this event. Call Vortex and make a reservation for a campsite or a room or cabin. Monica and I will be arriving sometime Thursday and we will probably dive Morrisons on Friday. We will plan Saturday's diving according to tides for local beach diving or we may take a canoe to Cypress Springs and there is Vortex Springs to choose from as well. Some do boat dives on Saturday as well so there is a variety of diving to choose from and something for everyone. You and Dennis can dive with us all three days if you would like. We usually eat out on Friday night at a local restaurant and have a joint cook out on Saturday night. There is a community grill and you can bring anything you like to add to the grill or bring side dishes.
So come and join in on the fun!!

Roxanne we are definitely still having this event. Call Vortex and make a reservation for a campsite or a room or cabin. Monica and I will be arriving sometime Thursday and we will probably dive Morrisons on Friday. We will plan Saturday's diving according to tides for local beach diving or we may take a canoe to Cypress Springs and there is Vortex Springs to choose from as well. Some do boat dives on Saturday as well so there is a variety of diving to choose from and something for everyone. You and Dennis can dive with us all three days if you would like. We usually eat out on Friday night at a local restaurant and have a joint cook out on Saturday night. There is a community grill and you can bring anything you like to add to the grill or bring side dishes.
So come and join in on the fun!!

Does everyone camp in the same area?
If so what are the campsite numbers to ask for ?
What do most of the divers, dive on Saturday?
Is there a place to shop for food close?
How many folks usually attend this event?
Is alcohol allowed?

Sorry for all the questions but since we are rookies at your event, just wondering what we are in for.:D

Is there a HOW TO SURVIVE VORTEXFEST guide posted somewhere??????

Don't just look at the tide times but also at the tidal change which is only about 0.4 feet on Saturday and sunday and very small on Friday. This is a Neap Tide weekend and you can enjoy diving the jetties all day long with little current. You won't have the best visibility though because of lack of water flow....

The weekend of Vortoberfest should be the week of my hopefully final surgery to get my parts back. That is if all goes on schedule and I am bug free and NAPA has the parts in stock..........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom