WAL for PT015

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I, too, have the INON WAL. I looked at the dome seriously, but I tried to be honest with myself on what kind of photography I really really like to do. I came to the conclusion that while the dome would be nice to have (more toys!), it wasn't necessary for me right now.

I really like the WAL, but do not use it - yet - as much as I probably should. It's harder to get lighting right, so be prepared for that!

For me, I love the teeny tinies in the sea so I bought 2 INON 165 macro lenses. I use them stacked and single. Love 'em.
Now to get out and dive!!

Looking forward to hearing what lenses LDS was selling & to seeing your shots!

I also have a PT-015 and use the Inon UWL-100 and dome port. I really like the combo but the dome port is so large it's not really practical to remove these during a dive. However the UWL-100 by itself is very manageable (although pretty heavy).

I don't know of a lens and dome that is not removable underwater on the PT-015. It is entirely possible there was a slight misunderstanding also. They may be telling you that the dome can not be put on and removed underwater, which is true.
With the Inon system, you buy the WAL and then the dome port. You install the dome on top of the WAL. You can only install and remove the dome from the WAL above water, but not underwater. However, once the dome is installed over the WAL, you can remove and install the "WAL with dome" on your camera underwater, just as you can the WAL alone.
Just a possibility, but I hope this helps.

:)

sojourner:
See a lot of discussion on 5050, but what about the 5060? Ideas on WAL for the PT020 housing?

I believe the same wide angles that work for the C5050 should work for the 5060.

Actually, I think there is a difference in the 5050 and 5060s. The 5060 lenses are larger, I think(I don't own a 5050 to compare).

I've only actually found one dome port for the 5060WAL and its at Yuzo's website... Looks nifty, I'll probably pick it up after I get an external strobe, which will be after I get my camera repaired and housing looked at...

When I went diving with Tweak we tried my 100 type 2 WAL (the one for the 5050) on his 5060 and It worked, but it had a touch of vignetting (sp?)

Gilligan, I have the same w/a lens as you, but have not used it yet. But it can be removed and put on underwater? I bought the lens from someone, with no instructions.

Travisc:
I have the Olympus wide angle and like it, I also have the macro and have gotten great photos with both.

I have the Inon WAL 100 and love it. You can purchase that lens from Inon America online. :11ztongue

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom