Want to get water logged QUICK!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lowrey716

Reaction score
New to this group. LOVE the icons... what fun... whoever dreamed this up must have been thinking of me.

Have been certified since '87, but only had about 10 or so days of diving... looking to exponentionally expand upon that, time permitting. Want to get my boys hooked on it too.

So, living in the relatively dry midwest Ohio, what is the best way to get in with a group of welcoming senior divers who can nicely. "Show me the ropes and have a good time with." I am a quick learner, love the water and the sun and sometimes even the fish. I think its the weightlessness that I like most.... not that I am really BIG or nothing... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

None of my friends scuba dive.... and yes.. I am female. So, immediate applications being taken for female dive buddy in the Ohio area. I would even take a male dive buddy, if he is CUTE.
:) Oh, and can handle a fisty woman. (Dr Bill sure is looking for quite the combination.... my criteria are stringent too but not really associated with underwater knowledge. Know anyone with land smarts and know how... ultimately VERY KIND with an awesome sense of humor.)

Okay... show me the "diving ropes"... I am eager to learn and ready to go....

Look forward to your replies..... anyone out there from Central Ohio?

Kathy
:wink: :rolleyes: :eek:

A group of us are planning a dive on Saturday, 3 January at the Gilboa Quarry near Findlay, Ohio. You are certainly welcome to meet us there.

This offer is limited by a couple environmental issues. If we are in the middle of a large winter storm, or if the quarry is frozen over, the trip will probably be canceled, as several of us are planning to drive down from Central Michigan.

A drysuit may be the best way to dive that time of year, but anyone is welcome to drop me a line and I'll keep a list of who to contact in December to make final arrangements...

Lowrey716 once bubbled...
Have been certified since '87, but only had about 10 or so days of diving... looking to exponentionally expand upon that, time permitting. Want to get my boys hooked on it too.

So, living in the relatively dry midwest Ohio, what is the best way to get in with a group of welcoming senior divers who can nicely. "Show me the ropes and have a good time with."

Kathy
:wink: :rolleyes: :eek:

:wave: And welcome to the party line. Fun place to spend some of your Surace Intervals. Looking forward to your participation...

I've found the best way to get more done is just do it. Waiting for someone to show me how doesn't work, other than signging up for more training, and waiting for someone to go with me is a drag. Mostly, I just go.

A Singles Dive Trip for February is in the works, though; there's another in May; and your LDS probably sponsors some.

don

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom