For Sale Want to sell and ask some scubaboard members test and review diverig sea60

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lights cutting off underwater become a safety issue for me...ITS DARK...REAL DARK
That's why I have my S20 on 100% of the time hanging on a retractor. The camera light is too wide to be useful in murky water for looking at stuff. I like it only because it doesn't wash out my subjects

Attachments

• GX010082_1660922637665.jpg
    GX010082_1660922637665.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 52
I use wide angle lights in dark water and I have been doing for a few years now ...I have used the 10 degree narrow beams too...I like the wide angles 110 to 120...I am not taking photos..

Lights are junk both of the ones I was sent CUTOFF randomly....Junk ....thanks for sending the lights but you need to recall them immediately!

Lights are junk both of the ones I was sent CUTOFF randomly....Junk ....thanks for sending the lights but you need to recall them immediately!
They will overheat. The sea 60 is not an always on type of light. Once I started turning it off between videos it has been flawless.

Try the S20 for your primary dive light. I leave mine on for 1+ hour long dives on high and it has never even flickered.

They will overheat. The sea 60 is not an always on type of light. Once I started turning it off between videos it has been flawless.

Try the S20 for your primary dive light. I leave mine on for 1+ hour long dives on high and it has never even flickered.
Then it should be stated that the light cannot be ran for extended periods of time underwater...USELESS and DANGEROUS...I know you guys dont dive in the dark waters like I do but its dangerous..I run big blue video lights and they run ALL the time ....I run a 18000 and a 10000 120 degree beam and have never had them cut off on me and that's on close to 300 dives..

Then it should be stated that the light cannot be ran for extended periods of time underwater...USELESS and DANGEROUS...I know you guys dont dive in the dark waters like I do but its dangerous..I run big blue video lights and they run ALL the time ....I run a 18000 and a 10000 120 degree beam and have never had them cut off on me and that's on close to 300 dives..
I do dive in dark waters. Summer time around here is near pitch black below 40 feet at mid day. You chose a flood light style that is advertised as a camera light. You need a tight beam to cut through that muck and not turn the whole area into a glowing mess.

This is at 65 or 70 feet around 10 am here. The alge bloom cuts all light to the depths.

Edit: not trying to pick a fight, just pointing out that it is intended for cameras and not a primary source.

"Sea60 dive light is a high lumen diving video light for underwater photography."

Attachments

• Abyss.jpg
    Abyss.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 35
I just did a 4 hour test, letting one of the grand kids play with it in the pool, 86°, water temp, light was used during 3 hours of diving prior to this test without charging.

mine doesn’t turn off until the batteries are highly discharged. If you have some known good batteries maybe give those a try, mine are pretty good but just one weak cell will cut burn time a lot.

I’ll take them off your hands for further testing if you like.
I agree that the type of diving you do is nothing like anything I do so mechanical function is all I can test.

I do dive in dark waters. Summer time around here is near pitch black below 40 feet at mid day. You chose a flood light style that is advertised as a camera light. You need a tight beam to cut through that muck and not turn the whole area into a glowing mess.

This is at 65 or 70 feet around 10 am here. The alge bloom cuts all light to the depths.

Edit: not trying to pick a fight, just pointing out that it is intended for cameras and not a primary source.

"Sea60 dive light is a high lumen diving video light for underwater photography."
I dont follow the logic that because its a camera light its ok for it to cut off...BTW its not the battery charge running down causing this...What you going to do when you are taking pics and the shot of a life time appears and you have ran you photo light to long and it cuts off...You miss the shot...HMM will it be laying on the bottom after that???
OH I get what your saying I was told the same thing about lights ....YOU MUST use a narrow beam light in that dark water...I have owned and tested both...Guess what a 120 degree beams work better here in our tanning stained waters....it opens up the field of view...Keep in mind I only need to see 2 to 3 ft out in front of me...OH those video -photo lights dont shut off...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom