For Sale Want to sell and ask some scubaboard members test and review diverig sea60

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just did a 4 hour test, letting one of the grand kids play with it in the pool, 86°, water temp, light was used during 3 hours of diving prior to this test without charging.

mine doesn’t turn off until the batteries are highly discharged. If you have some known good batteries maybe give those a try, mine are pretty good but just one weak cell will cut burn time a lot.

I’ll take them off your hands for further testing if you like.
I agree that the type of diving you do is nothing like anything I do so mechanical function is all I can test.
I will cut it on low and put in a bucket of water to see how long before it cuts off..I have been running out on low and med..

I will cut it on low and put in a bucket of water to see how long before it cuts off..I have been running out on low and med..
I charged my batteries overnight and put in the pool this morning, an hour and a half on the middle setting, still running and showing red on the indicator so not bad at that high of a setting.
how long are your dives typically?

90 minutes or so in 20 ft..90 percent of my dives are 25 ft or less..My indicator was still showing charge during turn offs..

90 minutes or so in 20 ft..90 percent of my dives are 25 ft or less..My indicator was still showing charge during turn offs..
Are your big blue lights running individual cells?

my test this morning
B0FA5F68-8395-49E1-B2A2-9CE3D9CC6858.jpeg

76509568-EFC9-4F43-BA64-A4867B76E5FC.jpeg

just shy of two hours on medium mine cut off, I restarted it and set to low, it’s still on (15min) showing red but still on. I’m thinking a battery imbalance.

Attachments

• ACE474BD-A5D0-4B66-BBF2-2D14A657683D.jpeg
    ACE474BD-A5D0-4B66-BBF2-2D14A657683D.jpeg
    99.4 KB · Views: 31
@calabash digger What batteries are you using? I'm wondering if the cutting off is due to the light or to the protection circuit in the batteries? Some batteries allow for a 15A draw, some 10A, some 5A or less.

I dont follow the logic that because its a camera light its ok for it to cut off...BTW its not the battery charge running down causing this...What you going to do when you are taking pics and the shot of a life time appears and you have ran you photo light to long and it cuts off...You miss the shot...HMM will it be laying on the bottom after that???
OH I get what your saying I was told the same thing about lights ....YOU MUST use a narrow beam light in that dark water...I have owned and tested both...Guess what a 120 degree beams work better here in our tanning stained waters....it opens up the field of view...Keep in mind I only need to see 2 to 3 ft out in front of me...OH those video -photo lights dont shut off...
Use whatever you want. I use mine for 5 - 10 minutes at a time and works perfectly. The first time I used it my mount broke so I left it on the whole dive just in case it was dropped I could find it. Towards the end of the dive it shut off on me and would only stay on for a few minutes and then off again. I assumed it overheated because I use quality batteries and an xtar to charge them. Maybe you have a bad cell that is causing the problem and not the battery. Maybe the 2 lights you received are both crap.

I take pics and videos with a go pro 10 on a dual handle rig and a single light (the sea60). I really am not that invested in getting a perfect shot nor do I care to. Pulling stills off the 4k feed works well enough. If my camera light decides to not work then I grab my already in S20 and light up the area next to my subject so I don't wash out the picture with light. If I by chance miss a video of a 6 gill or gray whale here in the sound, oh well. They would have to be my dive buddy to be of any quality anyways.

I say camera lights shouldn't be used as primary lights. That's just my opinion though.

Ok noted..
@calabash digger What batteries are you using? I'm wondering if the cutting off is due to the light or to the protection circuit in the batteries? Some batteries allow for a 15A draw, some 10A, some 5A or less.
I bought the batteries from the guy who sent me the lights..

Attachments

• 0690E70B-8DF5-4215-925C-FBAB3DFF312C.jpeg
    0690E70B-8DF5-4215-925C-FBAB3DFF312C.jpeg
    123.2 KB · Views: 36
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom