For Sale Want to sell and ask some scubaboard members test and review diverig sea60

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My S60 has cut out now there times. It is hard to figure out the exact problem, but it is definitely not overheating and not loss of charge. I think it is electrical, more specifically related to its microcircuitry. Twice it cut out during the dive. I turn it on and off throughout and use it as a video light. One time it cut itself off during the use and another time failed to turn on. That sucked, especially the second time since it was a night dive. I had two light back ups that dive, but this light failure meant no photography… or limited photography (have you tried to spot light an object with the left hand and taking a photograph with right - it is more challenging than you think, and painful, and the quality is poor). Anyhow, the third time it happened was during predive check. I just left the camera tray on the boat. However, that third occurrence rules out overheating since the light was not being used prior to the failure to turn on. Interestingly, when the failure occurs, the light can no longer be turned on and off. That is unless the battery is taken out and put back in, as I figured it out that night. This reset fixes the problem, until the next time it stops working. I have used this light on over 20 dives turning it on and off throughout. When it works, it works really well. It is bright, has good color warmth and battery lasts a long time. Unpredictability of the failure pattern is concerning however.
All dives were warm water.

To add to the frustration, I purchased an XTAR 4-battery charger VC4SL just for this light, because it requires 4 batteries but unfortunately that unit stopped working after 2 charges. @XTAR has presence on SB so I contacted them directly, sent a video of the problem, and no solution was offered there either. I guess, I am not having a good luck with electrical gadgets recently.

@minos2014 if you want me to try another unit, I can. However, the first unit was not free, I think it was 50% to try it out. I would not pay for another one just to test it. However, if you send me one to try it again, I will give it a whirl.

So far mine is doing well, I just put it in the pool on low (0430) and it’s been a few weeks since it’s been charged this should duplicate some real use situations. I now have two S12 and an S20 and a small video version v20 that uses a 26650 battery as the S20, all of those have worked perfectly.
the intermittent failures would certainly destroy confidence which is to bad because the thing seem to have very nice workmanship overall especially for the low price, bad circuits are a insurmountable issue.

I have two x-tar 4 slot chargers no issues with either.

Follow up
0430,on low, blue indicator
A50844D7-614F-46CE-9AEC-CB88A660F0DC.jpeg

0515 v20 added, mediumsetting
0530 both blue
D85C9661-1475-4BDD-8514-0E15BE30D73C.jpeg

0630 both blue
AF2D4398-EEF7-4FD4-9F30-E0873CA0C10D.jpeg

0645 both blue

0715 S60 green v20 blue
this shows the light color, the v20 is whiter
2FA2F433-72C0-41CF-90E7-9368D98B78B0.jpeg

s60 red, v20 blue
s60 off, v20 blue
turned the s60 back on with the red light since it will go for a while like that and you could find your way out of a tight spot with the red light
26077088-7FBA-4A66-B9BD-EFCDE049E2E7.jpeg

v20 still blue

Attachments

• B4FB1679-7709-4659-A52D-45954999DF07.jpeg
    B4FB1679-7709-4659-A52D-45954999DF07.jpeg
    105.5 KB · Views: 28
  • 6F65A732-8C6D-460C-B261-4CFCF5B2FDD9.jpeg
    6F65A732-8C6D-460C-B261-4CFCF5B2FDD9.jpeg
    71.5 KB · Views: 30
  • 5BE944A8-EAC6-43DD-8C27-4729A6E80AEB.jpeg
    5BE944A8-EAC6-43DD-8C27-4729A6E80AEB.jpeg
    71.2 KB · Views: 31
Final update on the v20, 1300 it went green, I don’t have time to keep looking but the v20 looks like 8 hours of continuous use is possible on medium setting.

I don’t know the status of these lights through Amazon but that is a good option if you get one, test it and if it doesn’t cut out it a good cheap light, if it does cut out return it.

Another follow up on the v20, it’s not nearly as powerful as the S60 but it’s very small and I’ve used it more often because of that, the single 26650 battery just keeps going.
I charged it after those pool tests and have used it on my last 4 dives for a total dive time of close to 6 hours, on often and for long periods usually.
yesterday toward the end of the last dive of the day I took it off to take this pic
B7D57F9C-6A0B-40FE-BC15-3CC21D82955C.jpeg

to show the blue power light and took these after
EA330F8F-BA23-48C9-ABFE-4AD6E483D7C4.jpeg
50C2C4CE-F24F-4059-B98D-7B8F0378400D.jpeg
5DBD46C4-AFD9-4F9F-893F-240FFB6AFA12.jpeg
9763F21D-D6A8-4E0B-AE56-1DAD7B28F252.jpeg

I don’t know if there are more of these V20 lights available but it’s a nice cheap alternative to the bulky lights and also has the infrared setting for a focus light for real photography.

no aspersions being cast. just stay safe.

6. The "Write an Amazon.com Review" Scam​

Any offer to write an Amazon.com review, and get paid $50 to $100 for doing so, should be ignored and avoided. The scam usually pops up after a big retail buying period, like Amazon.com Prime Day (in July) or around the December holidays. Usually delivered via email, the message offers monetary compensation for writing an Amazon.com review. In reality, the recipient is steered to a fake Amazon.com site (which looks remarkably like the actual Amazon.com site), where their passwords, usernames, and other personal data is stolen and used to commit identity theft.

To avoid this scam: Amazon doesn't pay people to write site reviews and doesn't ask for your password or username in any customer engagement situation. If you see a "write an Amazon review" email, hit that delete button.

7. The "Fake Product" Amazon Scam​

This Amazon scam afflicts site buyers who believe they're purchasing a genuine, brand name product only to find that the product is a rip-off and nowhere near worth the money paid for it. Counterfeit sellers are a fact of life on Amazon and, even though the company does solid work in vetting and kicking fake sellers off the site, too many bogus sellers slip through the cracks and into the Amazon.com platform.

To avoid this scam: Before you hit the "add to cart" or "buy with one click" button, do your due diligence and check out the seller's feedback and reviews. If there's anything remotely suspicious about the seller, or any red flags, keep looking for a reputable Amazon seller you can trust.

no aspersions being cast. just stay safe.​

6. The "Write an Amazon.com Review" Scam​

Any offer to write an Amazon.com review, and get paid $50 to $100 for doing so, should be ignored and avoided. The scam usually pops up after a big retail buying period, like Amazon.com Prime Day (in July) or around the December holidays. Usually delivered via email, the message offers monetary compensation for writing an Amazon.com review. In reality, the recipient is steered to a fake Amazon.com site (which looks remarkably like the actual Amazon.com site), where their passwords, usernames, and other personal data is stolen and used to commit identity theft.

To avoid this scam: Amazon doesn't pay people to write site reviews and doesn't ask for your password or username in any customer engagement situation. If you see a "write an Amazon review" email, hit that delete button.

7. The "Fake Product" Amazon Scam​

This Amazon scam afflicts site buyers who believe they're purchasing a genuine, brand name product only to find that the product is a rip-off and nowhere near worth the money paid for it. Counterfeit sellers are a fact of life on Amazon and, even though the company does solid work in vetting and kicking fake sellers off the site, too many bogus sellers slip through the cracks and into the Amazon.com platform.

To avoid this scam: Before you hit the "add to cart" or "buy with one click" button, do your due diligence and check out the seller's feedback and reviews. If there's anything remotely suspicious about the seller, or any red flags, keep looking for a reputable Amazon seller you can trust.
In this case this ain’t that.

There is no way I would recommend these crap lights to anyone..Its not safe if your depending on your light to see..if you want a light that cuts off randomly then these are for you...

Back
Top Bottom