Watch Hill Shore Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CT-Rich

Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone have experience shore diving from Watch Hill Light house? It looks pretty interesting but I haven't been out to look at it in person. Access from the parking lot is allowed? Which side is better the East or West side? Currents?

Rich, Too bad no replies. From the internet I have found there is a parking or restriction problem.

Rich in all my years diving NE I don't remember anyone talking about shore diving Watch Hill. There are spearos that paddle yaks out there. The club I belong to dives the Daga a stone throw from the point but that is a boat dive. The USCG does not allow or like divers to dive in the area of their vessels and stations.

There was a time we could dive Castle Hill by entering at the USCG station cove there but no more, not after 9-11. I'd wager that it is the same at every USCG station.

just a thought. I will stop there next time I am up there and take a look. The light house is automated, and it looks like public parking.

Let me know how it is. May give it a try this summer if you can do it legally.

Is this what you are looking at Watch Hill At least according to this site while the grounds are open there is no parking.

I went spearfishing there once (freediving). We had to park in town and walk out to the point. It would be a long walk with scuba gear but it is doable for young motivated individuals and it was a very nice dive.. Now days if I have to walk any further then to the back of the boat in full scuba I'm not happy about it.

Get dressed in town - call UBER and have them drop you off - 15 min walk can't be more than $5... if it is I will charge you $5 and shuttle you myself. - one way of course... :)

This site would be a good yak dive.

Back
Top Bottom