Water ingress to BCD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

After getting out of the poo, or the ocean, I try to remember to fill my BC with air and while standing I pull the butt dump. That will evacuate the water than may have gotten into the bladder and you are ready for the next dive and lighter.

I like the Listerine idea, I will have to try that.

I clean my regulator mouthpieces with Listerine too

Water inside the bladder of your BCD is common and harmless. Even if you find it while "getting out of the poo". :rofl:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.
That said, I'd definitely hesitate to use my BCD for emergency air if I had been in poo...

My Zeagle inflator comes off and the garden hose hooks right to it. I have rinsed it out with the garden hose before, it works good especially just prior to a long dry spell.
Has anyone tried or used this adapter? Seems like a interesting idea but I'm wondering if the high volume of water through parts that were really designed for air would be hard on the valve.

Ken

Has anyone tried or used this adapter? Seems like a interesting idea but I'm wondering if the high volume of water through parts that were really designed for air would be hard on the valve.

Ken

I have. If you look at the picture of the garden hose end you'll see the small orifice the water has to flow through, limiting the volume.

I use baby shampoo to rinse inside. It hasn't been mentioned, but I dump as much salt water/chlorine out before rinsing-- inflate, dump, repeat process. I just figured it's logical. Do all you guys do this or is it just too obvious to mention? As well, it's obvious the more times you release BC air the more water gets in there. If you do a one level dive there should be none or almost none.

After getting out of the poo, while standing I pull the butt dump. That will evacuate the water than may have gotten into the bladder
Must be spending too much time with my 22 month old -because that reads just downright funny

It was intentional. If you read the OP he refers to getting out of the poo. Low hanging fruit and all........:D
Must be spending too much time with my 22 month old -because that reads just downright funny

Back
Top Bottom