Waterproof Sport Series

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diver below 83

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Products - Waterproof

Has anyone see these yet in person or had the chance to try one on? Looking for impressions? Looking for my first suit and this seems to check all the boxes for me

I dive a W50 and based on that I would assume that the W30 is a good performer for the right water temps. That said, how it fits will be more important, so I would suggest focusing on trying on as many suits as you can get your hands on and picking the best fit for your body shape over liking a certain model and confirmation bias yourself into it. In the end, the best fit will keep you the most comfortable.

Have you considered a 5mil?

I have a w30 with the pocket attached. I use it when temps are above 66. Love the fit of it, it's really flexible and the cut of the suit is excellent. The pocket is awesome. I recommend. I previously used a Henderson, scubapro, and a pinnacle. All 3mm suits. The waterproof although 2.5mm is just as warm. The difference is negligible.

I have a w30 with the pocket attached. I use it when temps are above 66. Love the fit of it, it's really flexible and the cut of the suit is excellent. The pocket is awesome. I recommend. I previously used a Henderson, scubapro, and a pinnacle. All 3mm suits. The waterproof although 2.5mm is just as warm. The difference is negligible.

Do you have the new sport series version or the previous models? I tried on the previous model(black and lime green) version and it was nice. But I was told to hold out for the new sport series version(Black aqua) I live in south Florida so even our winter temps are warm for most people. So the 2.5 should be plenty warmth wise. I’m good currently in a rash guard down to around 78ish. Anything less and I start to really feel cold. I want to do some diving in our springs but I hear the temps are in the lower 70’s typically. So at that point I’d like to have my own suit.

I dive a W50 and based on that I would assume that the W30 is a good performer for the right water temps. That said, how it fits will be more important, so I would suggest focusing on trying on as many suits as you can get your hands on and picking the best fit for your body shape over liking a certain model and confirmation bias yourself into it. In the end, the best fit will keep you the most comfortable.

Have you considered a 5mil?

5mil is more protection than I need. If I did real cold water diving I’d just rent a dry suit at that point at my cold weather desitination.

Nope I have last year's model. Other than a color change I do not see much difference.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom