Wazee Lake - Aug 2 2009

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TheScubaBOB

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'll be attending my Baby Sister's Wedding on August 1st just north of Wazee.

My daughter & I will be diving Wazee Lake August 2nd, hoping to get in a couple of morning dives. She wants to see Sherwood Forest.

Anyone else going to be in the area?

Dang it...we could've had a party last weekend.....I wish we could be up again...I love Wazee, but it is 3 hours away...Keep the thread going I hope you meet up with SB people, oh and bring a hood & gloves..it is cold after the thermocline...

Bring a jacket or hoodie for the time you're out of the water. It's cold up here!

Oh, I grew up in Green Bay. I can take it!

Actually, it wasn't bad last Saturday, just intermittent rain and swarms of gnats. Sunday, when it was sunny, there were horseflies. Horseflies build character. :wink:

AND BIG BITE MARKS......Wish I could be there. Here is who is waiting for you...
BasstrioLakeWazee.jpg

Settle in a weedy spot and drag 2 rocks across each other making a clunking sound. The bass will come and find you, if you carefully turn over the rocks slowly (keeps the silt down) they will hunt for crawdaddies right next to you....

I saw smallmouth & largemouth.. The largemouth are much more spooky, and really won't come as close.
20090725-P7253635.jpg

Sorry Bob , cant make this weekend , my daughter has a horse show. Cheddarchick where did you find those guys ? Last time Kyphur and a bunch of us were up there there were no bass OR crayfish to be found.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom