Wazee Lake - Aug 2 2009

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oh where..If you come into the park and go to the left right away there are to areas right by the check-in hut. We stopped at the second spot (2 gear up benches one on each side of the road). Gear up walk down the hill and when you are in head to the right, hang about 30' in the grassy area, Then try the rock trick, they won't come close at first, just go slow and carefully turn over the rocks to look for crawdads ....they will show up. The videos aer by the cribs, walleye & bass hang there also....and about a million bluegills, who love the snails that are everywhere....

Oh, ok, the largemouth must be the bigger dark ones that sort of stay away. I know things look bigger underwater but I swear some of them looked 1 1/2 to 2 feet long. From what I've seen all of the fish stay pretty shallow, and I didn't see as many this weekend as last weekend. I haven't tried the rock trick yet but I found out that they won't eat Camel Snus :wink:

Too bad the weekend's over and I'm back at work... *sigh*

Nice pictures by the way.

yeah the real world really sux....easily 1.5 feet.....in the distance you could just see them lurking...

My daughter logged her first 2 dives without an instructor yesterday at Wazee!

Apparently as we swam through Sherwood Forest she got a fin caught on on of the trees. I was always keeping an eye on her and she says I looked directly at her when she was stuck but I couldn't see it. She did get free of it, must have only been for a second.

I asked her why she didn't signal a problem when I looked at her and she said she just thought I would see it. Of course if she hadn't got free I would have noticed the next time I looked toward her and turned back to free her.

Then on the second dive when I signaled to turn the dive she turned right on top of me and kicked me square in the mask!

She's doing okay considered this was dive 9 & 10!

Cool! My wife knocked my mask off on our first dive together. :)

How is the boat traffic, generally, on lake Wazee?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom