Votes: 27 87.1%
  • Lid down?

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • other?

Votes: 1 3.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lid up, I thought about putting it upside down, mounted to the BP, but it scared me too much!! The lid being down really puts the switch in harms way, removing any chance of seeing that your canister is flooded. On a side note, if your Helios is hitting your backplate, it can depress the locking tab on the lid latch, I wouldn't of believed it, but I saw it happen. I put a triglide on the waist strap to keep the canister from riding up on the backplate, and have a buckle on the other side of the canister to keep it from sliding off the belt when I take my BP/wing off.

JeffAustin once bubbled...
On a side note, if your Helios is hitting your backplate, it can depress the locking tab on the lid latch, I wouldn't of believed it, but I saw it happen. I put a triglide on the waist strap to keep the canister from riding up on the backplate, and have a buckle on the other side of the canister to keep it from sliding off the belt when I take my BP/wing off.

Interesting. I might put a triglide on as well. Thanks.

WW

WreckWriter once bubbled...

Interesting. I might put a triglide on as well. Thanks.

WW
You better post to quest first and make sure that's ok...

O-ring once bubbled...

You better post to quest first and make sure that's ok...

It'll be ok if I chug a glass of Kool-Ade before and after, won't it? I'll use a SS triglide too of course!

WW

WreckWriter once bubbled...

It'll be ok if I chug a glass of Kool-Ade before and after, won't it? I'll use a SS triglide too of course!

WW
That triglide might 1) screw up your trim 2) be an entanglement hazard 3) be a streamlining issue or 4) add a potential point of failure.

Do what you want though...

Guys,

It is a streamline issue and a possible failure point. The tri-glyde will destroy your waist webbing and you will lose your light forever. So, you need to send me the light and I will fix the problem and send it back to you. Will only take a month or two (waiting list) :D :mean:

Eric

O-ring once bubbled...

That triglide might 1) screw up your trim 2) be an entanglement hazard 3) be a streamlining issue or 4) add a potential point of failure.

Do what you want though...

In my case it holds a d-ring in place too.

MD

O-ring once bubbled...

How would you get to the switch in a lid down configuration?

I understand that you light is the size of a AL19? I could see how that would be hard to reach if inverted...

dsgobie once bubbled...

I understand that you light is the size of a AL19? I could see how that would be hard to reach if inverted...
Yeah, it is pretty large. That's why I asked the question!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom