Votes: 27 87.1%
  • Lid down?

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • other?

Votes: 1 3.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chickdiver once bubbled...
Frogman-

Thats also an easy fix- when you get ready to sell, you go to most anyhardware or electrical supply and buy a new length of cord- they arent hard to install, all you need is a soldering iron. You can also orderthe cord from any of the manufacturers.

thought about that, too. But, nah, not from where I live. Cant find a good electrical supply shop that would sell me this kind of chord. Everything is expensive here! I dont want to shell out money right now....and its still under warranty! I'll wait.. then....:)

Besides, it really works for me....

While we on the light issue. (Still can you believe it???!!!) Where would you suggest to get a new 10w HID for DR MR11? I've found them for $88.00-$110.00 Does anyone know where I could find them cheaper?

ericfine50 once bubbled...
I have heard a few people say they have had cave line snag a clip and pop a lid to flood it.

Eric
Absolute BS.
You cant get a lid off at depth.
The latches are only there to keep the lid on until you get under.

ericfine50 once bubbled...
I have heard a few people say they have had cave line snag a clip and pop a lid to flood it.

Eric

I run an inertube around my latches to protect them from line snags and accidental openings.
Lid up works for me

Don't know how it happened but I had a lid pop off under water at the very end of an hour long dive while coming up the line at around 50 ft or so. Water went up the cord and shorted out the lighthead too, what a mess. I was told it looked like a boiling cloud was coming out of the canister.

Aquamaniac once bubbled...

Absolute BS.
You cant get a lid off at depth.
The latches are only there to keep the lid on until you get under.

dingobitme once bubbled...
I was curious about this...I tried a little experiment and took an empty canister (homemade) down to around 50 feet. I plugged the W/T gland and just put a few lbs of lead in it. I popped the latches to see if it would flood....none. I then tried to pry off the lid...and just as suspected...I could not do it. Makes sense though. if you have a 3inch can down to 50 feet...there is roughly 180lbs of force acting on the lid. 315 for a 4 inch..way more than the little springs can impart.

Oh..I mount my can lid up..DIR style. But if I had a stick can like the OMS or the long Sartek...I might mount it upside down on my transpac D rings (like along the backplate).

Chris:rolleyes:

wow if only that where true in real life. just add to you contraption a $200.00 battery and a 500.00 light head and it will flood every time.
I flodded two canister lights on my last diving expidition to Scapa Flow. luckly they where both my little 10 watt hids and not the double 24 watt hids

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom