Weather in late November?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Brules

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Never been to coz outside of the summer, whats the late November (Thanksgiving week) weather like? Pretty pleasant?

I have 1 trip to Cozumel in late November. The weather was perfect while we were there. High Temps were in the low 80's lows were in the low 70's. We didn't get rained on but then I suppose anything is possible. Here are some monthly averages for Cozumel. Average High/Low Temperatures for MMCZ : Weather Underground I am sure you will have a great time, I know we did.

Never been to coz outside of the summer, whats the late November (Thanksgiving week) weather like? Pretty pleasant?

I was there for 10 days last year from October 29th to November 8th. The first half of my 10 days were absolutely pristine. The last 5 days were a total loss from an El Norte that moved in closing the port for all but one of the days and that day started late as they wouldn't open the port until 10 am. It was still VERY VERY choppy and very windy. They took one of the big boats out on the day the port opened late and the people that did go out had a heck of a ride through the chop, LOL. Even the shore diving was cancelled. I think the remainder of month went pretty much the same, on again off again (at least it looked that way from watching the SCC web cam.

I don't get cold very easy (dive most of the time in a skin) but I took a shore dive (water temps were perfect for just a lycra skin) and by the time I got out and stowed all my gear my teeth were chattering so hard I thought I cracked one. The wind just cut through everything.

Other than not being able to dive everything else went on like nothing was happening. Town was buzzing with people since the ports were closed. Since you weren't wet from diving the wind didn't bother anything other than trying to keep a hat on while walking to town. They sure did sell a LOT of wind breakers that week, I mean everyone at the resort bought one.

I don't think you can take this as normal because the first 5 days were nothing but perfect, then out of the blue.. (literally within a couple hours) the weather turned like night and day. No rain, just wind right out of the north that was strong enough to push the waves way way up near the restaurant at SCC.

Just my experience.. you might (hopefully) have perfect weather.

Good to hear, if I can swing it, it would be cool to experience Cozumel in sub 90 degree weather lol! May wait till the last minute and get a steal on a quick trip. :)

We were there last year at that time and LOVED it! Nortes were blowing before we arrived, but didn't have any issues while we were there. There was some overcast days, but 80 with a couple of showers were the norm. Water temps were as usual, and the last few days were beautiful blue skies!! Liked it enough to go back this year!

We've done a number of late Nov/Thanksgiving trips, and in general the weather and the water are both great. The nortes are always a crap-shoot, but I can't remember missing a day of diving on the Nov trips in the last few years. We'll be back again the week this year just before Thanksgiving!!
(In fact I'd wish someone would hurry up and start the October thread so we could get the November thread rolling! I know there's a few of us that are already booked!):D

(in fact i'd wish someone would hurry up and start the october thread so we could get the november thread rolling! I know there's a few of us that are already booked!:d

indeed!!

Averages say it ought to be nice, but that's just averages.
We did Curacao last November. Averages said it should have been nice, but Hurricaine Tomas hit the day we were supposed to arrive. Finally arrived one day late and had to cancel about half our dive days. Had a great time, justdidn't dive as much as we'd hope (Big HI to Mark & Suzy at the Dive Bus...).

This winter we're booked at the Sabor from Dec 5th-15th. Diving with Aldora. I guess we need a December thread too. :)

This winter we're booked at the Sabor from Dec 5th-15th. Diving with Aldora. I guess we need a December thread too. :)
LOL!!! Yeah! Could someone go kick those October people into gear?? :chairfight:

Good to hear, if I can swing it, it would be cool to experience Cozumel in sub 90 degree weather lol! May wait till the last minute and get a steal on a quick trip. :)

Brules, if you are flying out of Little Rock like we do, there's usually no such thing as a last minute deal. Best to watch the price and if you run across a good deal then grab it.

We are usually there the first week or two of November each year. Weather's usually great and no crowds.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom