Wedding ring found in COZ

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ratjn

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I was diving in Cozumel :) last week and found what I believe to be an engraved men's wedding ring. A long shot for sure but if you lost one recently PM me, if you can identify it I will mail it to you.

Jim

I was diving in Cozumel :) last week and found what I believe to be an engraved men's wedding ring. A long shot for sure but if you lost one recently PM me, if you can identify it I will mail it to you.

Jim

Do a search. I'm pretty sure someone posted a lost wedding ring story here a few months ago.

Do a search. I'm pretty sure someone posted a lost wedding ring story here a few months ago.

There was one which was returned to it's owner recently if I recall. Very cool IMO. (and Pete doesn't charge a fee! :D)

Lost one in September 2009 - my third while diving - Lost it at Playa Palancar - White gold with two rows of rectangles with alternating shiny and brushed gold. I am sure that is not the one that was found but hey can never stop hoping.

My solution for my ring loss was to buy 4 silver rings for a total of $40 for the lot and if I lose one I can replace it in a second however now that I am wearing a $10 ring I am sure I will never lose it :)

Craig

When you find a wedding ring tossed into the ocean in Mexico....the owner probably does not want it back.

OK, just kidding. Very nice of you to put the effort forth to find the owner.

I never wore jewelry on the farm and can't understand wearing any on dives. I stopped telling barracuda stories on boats tho.

There's a group of us on Coz that communicate on Facebook. All mostly expats but with a wide group of people that dive on the island on a regular basis. Am assuming with the engraving that it's in English, yes?
Anything I could post about it just in case?

So nice of you to offer.

Also, it might have fallen off someone on a cruise ship, as well.

Side story: One of our dive master friends found a woman's purse while diving. We looked over and he had it on his shoulder during the dive! lol
So they took the ID out, looked her number up on the Internet and left her a phone message. Apparently she was standing out on her balcony on a cruise ship and accidentally knocked her purse off the ledge. They actually managed to get it back to her and she gave him a reward! How cool!

I truly do believe there are more honest people in this world than not. I hope the wedding band is claimed by the owner. If not, you have at the least tried to do what is right. :yelclap:

The DH lost his on Santa Rosa wall a few years ago. :( (Needless to say, he doesn't wear his new one diving anymore! LOL!) It's kind of a running joke that we look for it everytime we're back diving there. It wasn't engraved, so I know you didn't find his!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom