weight belts or integrated weights?

For most of my diving:

• All my weights are on my weight belt.

Votes: 44 19.1%
  • Some of my weights are on my belt, some in integrated pockets.

Votes: 31 13.5%
  • All my weights are in integrated pockets.

Votes: 110 47.8%
  • Other (e.g. I use a weight harness, or my weight is (on) my back plate).

Votes: 45 19.6%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wore a weight belt only when i did'nt have my own gear. I don't have a big problem with them, but one day out for a dive I had not noticed on a surface swim out that I had dropped the belt in the shallows. That was enough for me to prefer integrated.

Why? Is it better when they drop out of an integrated BC? :D

Why? Is it better when they drop out of an integrated BC? :D
hope mine never do! i think they're clipped in very tight and snug tho, i have a struggle just putting the pouches in my BC (XS oceanic Isla )with weights. i like to hang onto my weights! scary thought tho.

I cut the integrated weight pockets off my Balance; I use the trim pockets and my belt. Just a belt with my Spectrum (vest).

You cut the pockets off on a $600+ BCD. Are you crazy?:confused:

The SeaQuest Balance has been around for many years. The earlier version's WI pockets were very different than today's Balance WI pockets; not sure the surgery would be so successfull on recent versions.

Purchased in near new condition at the Lahaina Salvation Army, for $20! The now uncovered pretty blue hip belt is so elegant that I feel sorry for stock Balance users :)

No more weight belt = no more lower back pain after a dive

hope mine never do! i think they're clipped in very tight and snug tho, i have a struggle just putting the pouches in my BC (XS oceanic Isla )with weights. i like to hang onto my weights! scary thought tho.

Yea they can still fall out and do. My weight pockets of my old BC are $70 per pocket to replace too... As I found out after a buddy lost one after taking my BC back to my car but not sticking the pockets in. I can get it cheaper from LP but then there's the enormous shipping cost. I figure a weight belt is cheaper if I lose it :wink: And I will never need to buy lead again as my buddy has 150kg of assorted weights that he has found whilst diving (sometimes in weight pockets :wink:)

Had about half a dozen buddies lose them in the two years I have been diving. About half were underwater. The other half were because they forgot to clip them into the BC when transporting their gear around (without weight) and they just fell out and got lost.

Anyway I guess my point is you can lose weight pockets just as easily as weight belts so neither has the benefit in that regard. I personally have lost a weight belt underwater once but it was my own fault for fiddling with it.

I have a steel cylinder (always negative), a steel backplate with added weight plates, and ankle weights. This brings the weight on my belt down to ten to fifteen pounds, depending on my undergarment.

None of your options works for me. I wear a weight belt, and also trim weights in camband weight pouches.

Here as well.

In fact, often nothing on the belt depending on exposure protection, bottle, plate etc.

Back
Top Bottom