Weight distribution and the boat crew

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What's the point of going on these exotic dive vacations where they boast full and total service and not using it? As long as the diver tips the crew well at the end of the day, what does it matter?

If you want to lug your own gears and all that jazz, come to SoCal. That's how we do it here.

Got it. Having waited tables, bartended, and worked boats for many years, I know exactly where you are coming from. Later.

We were in the Socorros. Mostly, the water conditions were pretty calm, although a couple of days we had some significant chop and wind waves. But it's not a good biomechanical thing, to lean over the side of a boat, grab a heavy weight, and drag it up. Mind you, the crew never said a single word or even had a facial expression that said they didn't like the gear. But I watched how hard they worked to get the bigger tanks (HP 100s and 120s) and the heavier setups onto the boat, and thought I'd at least bring this up for people to think about.

BTW, which Socorros liveaboard is using HP 100's amd HP 120's ?

Scubafan -- we were on the ROCIO del Mar and, while the standard tank was the AL 80, there were a few steels (I got a 100, a friend got a 120) for those who wanted more gas -- although not that much more than the 80 due to tank pressures.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom