Weird -- Dive Lights as Weapon Mounted Lights?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes, where I live there is no good reason to own a hand gun, and no reason other than hunting to own a rifle. I guess there is a context problem there.

Figures someone with an agenda would post on this thread. In AMERICA guns are an option we get to have. Which is why we are citizens and NOT subjects. Ya I said it.

Figures someone with an agenda would post on this thread. In AMERICA guns are an option we get to have. Which is why we are citizens and NOT subjects. Ya I said it.
Agenda? Nah, it is just matter of fact where I live. Gun ownership is perfectly legal with the exception of automatic, bulpup, and small handguns. It is just that in my experience people who own guns here hunt and / or are viewed as (sorry for the phrase) are rednecks. I hunt and fish, and I can tell you that in the community that I live in most hunters use a bow or cross bow, guns are seen as unfair to the animal.
Also citizen versus subject, really?

Agenda? Nah, it is just matter of fact where I live. Gun ownership is perfectly legal with the exception of automatic, bulpup, and small handguns. It is just that in my experience people who own guns here hunt and / or are viewed as (sorry for the phrase) are rednecks. I hunt and fish, and I can tell you that in the community that I live in most hunters use a bow or cross bow, guns are seen as unfair to the animal.
Also citizen versus subject, really?

You mentioned earlier that a rifle for bears is acceptable. If you're taking on a bear without an adequate side-arm like a S&W .50 or at least a .44 Magnum, you're taking your life in your own hands.

My family has a lot of land in Central Texas, and it's a rule that you really don't want to go too far from the house without a decent long gun and a side-arm. There's too many possible threats ranging from mountain lions, wolves, wild boars, snakes, coyotes, poachers with their own weapons, etc. It's simply a matter of practicality and self defense, as the threats are very real. I typically carry a AR-15 with a 3-9 power scope and an HK45, or some times a Mossberg 590 with an aimpoint, usually with a mixture of slugs and 00 buckshot. I have a Benelli M4 as well, but I've decided I'm more fond of the Mossberg, so that's going to be sold soon for probably a Sig 226 in .357SIG along with a good start to my LaRue .308 fund. Still debating whether to go with the PredatAR or the OBR, but it will be done.

Anyway, thanks for the Intova lead. Much appreciated.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom