Weirdest thing you've found in the ocean blue?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not something I found but this little bugger found my wife!

marimoray.jpg
did u let him get away with that :D

I found a woman :)
We were diving off the shore in Bonair where there were some very nice homes. We were at about 50ish feet and I was admiring the scenery when I looked up and a young woman in a black bikini was coming at me. She swam over to me, grabbed my octopus and dove along side me for about 10 minutes, gave me a wave then went back up and out of the water.
When we got back up on the dive boat I saw here sitting on her porch having a drink.

We were diving off the shore in Bonair where there were some very nice homes. We were at about 50ish feet and I was admiring the scenery when I looked up and a young woman in a black bikini was coming at me. She swam over to me, grabbed my octopus and dove along side me for about 10 minutes, gave me a wave then went back up and out of the water.
When we got back up on the dive boat I saw here sitting on her porch having a drink.

Now that would be interesting and I am undecided if in a good or a bad way.

Why do I never find any girls when diving? :( Especially ones who will 'grab my octopus' :wink:

(apologies to the 'mature' members of this forum. Couldn't help myself :shakehead:)

I hope she knew to exhale on the way up once she let go of your octopus. But since you saw her having a drink with no evidence of ruptured lungs, she probably knew what she was doing.

Last edited:
during a shore dive off Ft. Lauderdale, about 75-100 ft out, 30 ft down, I found a hotel metal pool lounge chair, two kegs tied to each side, and a small bbq grill. not sure what type of spring break partygoer thought that would make a good boat, but it obviously sunk as it was slowly becoming part of the reef. I was saddened by just how disgusting the trash was that littered the sea floor just off shore. That was the most interesting thing i saw, but it was only the tip of the ice berg of the amount of trash out there, everything from spare tires to trash cans.

A friend found a S&W .44 revolver when diving one time. He was a park ranger, found it at the bottom of a lake in his park, took it home, cleaned it, and he said it still worked fine. He showed it to me and I told him he should turn it in, but when I asked again later he claimed he had "misplaced" it. I wish I had run it through NCIC when he showed it to me the first time, but I had hoped he would have done the smart thing and turned it in.

help clean up the trash, as we did on a trip in panama city, had clean up day........................what difference does it make to you about the gun, you think that it could have been used for something bad.

or what maybe its the guns fault if some PERSON used it for some unlawful act, dont blame the person , blame the gun , it did it.

from the south, PROUD of it, and keeping my guns (bought or found)

sorry about my last post folks, that was the first post that person ever had made on here and i live and bred in arkansas and very proud to be. that post got under my skin.

maybe you have a problem with guns, maybe you dont, o well.
if you dont, then you probably support PETA too. and have a poodle. all of which are extremely stupid; PETA and poodles that is.

coolest things seen or found:
1. I have found two PUREX bottles: One whole bottom with raised letters, brown glass, with '47' in bottom.
2. other PUREX bottle with indented letters, like done when glass is heated with tool...broken, only have top third.
3. found '62' brown glass medicine bottle at 105 ft outside a cave in tablerock lake, missouri
4. found another '63' medicine bottle, brown glass
5. found several masks
6. fishing poles, abu garcia reel open face, NO FISH ATTACHED. lol
7. around 1950s to 60s School Bus in about 30ft depending on lake level.
8. LOL - seen a sun perch with some blue rubber like material sticking about inch out his anal opening few weeks ago.
9. LOTS AND LOTS of old cans, bottles, etc.................
10. one can is a Gatorade Can, has 1979 printed on the side.

cant think of anything else right now..........

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom