Well done PADI!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DORSETBOY

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I know it's quite popular to bash PADI, they're not perfect and I've criticised them myself many times..

Just thought I'd say well done to them for a change though for launching the new PADI profiles, for those of you who haven't seen them one of the features is to allow you to hook up with potential PADI trained dive buddies who aren't in a club network.

Damn good idea!

Charlie99:
It keeps them away from the YMCA-trained divers ?? :banana:

Yes, it keeps them isolated with their own kind, so they don't infect anyone else.

DorsetBoy - don't mind the cynics. It is a good thing when an organisation - any organisation - makes it easier to find dive buddies. And if you do so through a site that's likely to attract people who are interested in following through on the sport they're more likely (IMHO) to make good and safe buddies.

Training organisations are all very much alike - their reputations depend more on those who represent them and reflect their real values than anything else.

For my money (someone's bound to comment on that expression) PADI's 'system' - correctly applied by well motivated dive training professionals is the equal of arrangements provided by any other organisation - and it merits your loyalty and support.

I enjoy diving with people certified through other agencies, but it's no substitute for diving with those certified by the same agency as me. At least some of the lingo remains the same.

The snobbishness on SB is enough (more than enough) to scare new divers from picking up the 'sport'. Why?

Nash (ONLY PADI trained)

damn good question, seems to be a bit of agency bashing, I'm sure mostly in jest as I'd hope nobody using scuba is that stupid! Unfortunately, when someone new to scuba reads comments like these they may not know that it's generally in jest and end up thinking that people like dweeb are up thier own a*se which Im sure is not the case.

As i recall, that has been up for about a year now. I find that it doesnt work very well, maybe they just redesigned it?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom