Wendy's Scubaboard boat dive Sunday 10/26!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MikeJacobs

Reaction score
RESERVATIONS:
Phone number: 954-942-7333 & tell Jerry you want Wendy's special discount Scubaboard dive! As of 10/14 there are 9 spots left before he has to begin filling the next boat lol

1:00 PM SHOW! 1:30 CRUISE! BRING 2-TANKS!

Here's Parrot Island's website: http://www.parrotislandscuba.com/

ADDRESS:
2629 N. Riverside Dr.
Pompano Beach, Fl. 33062

DIRECTIONS:
From the north, take Hillsboro Drive east over the bridge and hang a rude-dog on A1A. Riverside Drive is about 3.75 miles on your right.

From the south, take Atlantic Blvd east over the bridge and hang a louie on A1A. Riverside drive is about 2 miles exactly on your left, but most people prefer to make their left well beforehand and travel up Riverside Drive itself (one block in parallel to A1A).

TANKS & EQUIPMENT:
If Captn Jerry can't set you up with tanks, weight, etc., then call Lighthouse Dive (they supply Jerry's tanks), which is located right at Atlantic Blvd. and A1A (inside the center on the Intracoastal). Call (954) 788-0208 or visit http://www.lighthousedive.com/ for details - they have DISCOUNT air rentals, so you can save a couple bucks.

POST DIVE DEBRIEFING (AFTERWARD):
There are several descent restaurants/clubs in the immediate area. I'll bring a list and we'll decide where to go while on the boat. One round (at least) on me.

OTHER:
Yes, you can bring non-divers (small fee). Parrot Island is a very accomodating experienced operation with an excellent attitude! We are sure to enjoy this day. If you only do a few boat dives a year, THIS is one to join. Thanks again to Wendy for making all the arrangements. Get better, Wendy!!!

What is the venue of the dive? Reef , Wreck or like too many Reef's these days.. Wrecked Reef. The twenty-sixth is my annivessary so it may be hard to talk the Mrs into it but that is how we spent some of our honeymoon....

I had requested a wreck and a reef. The 2 wrecks I suggested are the Ancient Mariner or the United Caribbean. Both of them are 70' to the sand which will be good for divers of all training levels.

Just called the boat, & he reported 5-7 seas & a howling wind????
Cancelled today's trip & expects to cancel tomorrow.

I don't feel like driving 6 hours 1 way to get blown out.

Unless weather improved by this evening, I will not be coming.

If anybody there is on, please post current conditions.

Thanks

Yup, we made the effort today, but.....not a fun option!

There's a number of divers from up north that drove down, so we'll make every effort to head out, but if Parrot Island calls the AM dive (which is highly suspected), I'd venture to guess we won't be going.

Sorry to miss you Kurt, but I'm sure we'll try again soon!!

Maybe I shouldn't plan parties anymore. When people show up the weather is bad (this party and venice) but when the weather ends up great hardly anyone is there (ginnie).

After discussion today, it was determined that it's NOT you - the "Wendy's Blowouts" comment notwithstanding.

The only common element that came up was that Jenny was in Venice and here and the weather didn't cooperate. She wasn't in Ginnie, and the weather was fine.

You draw the conclusions. :D

Marc

Nonsense!

I had fun! Sure the diving sucked and was painful, but I got to meet new friends and see some of my old ones.

It was worth it just for that.

I bailed early because I was supposed to lead a kayak tour of De Leon, but all my peeps canceled on me. Oops! Go figure :)

I'll spend more time in S. FL once I get this cave stuff out of my system.

Thanks to everyone who showed up, it was great to meet you guys.

Peter

PS. Hey scubajenny, how much will it take to make those pictures disappear? Capiche? :)

Hey Peter
I'll be glad to take a large sum of money to make the pictures disappear, and I will even give some to the person who took them!:D

Marc- so if I show up on the boat tomorrow and the winds are calm and the seas flat with 100ft vis, will I be forgiven? What if I don't show up and it is just as bad as today?:rolleyes:

The few of us stragglers who stayed in the area went to LeTub on the intercoastal for dinner. Yummy food and a good time!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom