Wendy's Scubaboard boat dive Sunday 10/26!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Are no longer in South Florida. We went back to our respective homes and will eagerly await the next time the ScubaBoard gets together.

Aside from the 16 hour :eek: drive to go swimming for 10 minutes, it was great to see some of you again, and to meet the rest of you who showed up. Next time, I'll call the local airport. They're sure to know what the wind is! Also, when we passed by the Venice exit, there was no wind in the trees, and the sun was shining. If I wasn't so tired, and knowing I still had 5 more hours to go from there, I would have pulled in for at least one dive.

Breakfast was nice, and not too gritty!

The divers returned to shore, headcount was completed, and no items were lost. All in all, a good day.

8Buck and pdoege, you deserve an A+ for your valiant attempts!

-=V=-

Well - it was a tough day for diving. Winds were from the east at 25 mph, with gusts up to 35. Needless to say it made the seas pretty rough with 5-7 foot waves.

Most of us decided to bag the dive, however two of our intrepid divers who had driven in from out of town decided no way a couple of little waves were going to keep them from diving. Brandon (8Buck) geared up and Peter (pdoege) got his kayak ready to hit the ocean.

Alas, gallant effort as was made, it wasn't meant to be. The two of them didn't get in any deeper than their knees when the first wave hit and knocked them both over. Peter's kayak flipped for the first of what would be many times, and Brandon lost a fin.

As Brandon search for his lost fin - which amazingly enough he found about 100 feet down the beach in the surf - Peter pressed on. Brandon donned his two fins and started finning out. This was about the time the lifeguard came by to tell us kayaks weren't allowed on the beach, and that the two guys out in the surf were crazy.

After Peter, the kayak and Brandon did their best imitations of being inside Maytag washers for about 20 minutes stuck in the surf line, they both wisely decided to come back in.

After packing up, we all retired to a beachfront restaurant for breakfast. While we were eating we were visited by NitroxDvrFL and Rick Murchison who was passing through after his liveaboard trip ended in Miami.

It was great meeting everyone this morning, hopefully we'll all be able to get out tomorrow afternoon.

Today's pictures with appropriate captions can be found here.

Marc

Very good Marc.
Nice camera you got there! You made a pretty nasty weather day look nice!

If the seas are dropping to 3-5 by this afternoon we should be a go.

.TODAY...EAST WINDS NEAR 20 KNOTS...DECREASING TO 15 KNOTS BY AFTERNOON. SEAS 5 TO 7 FEET SUBSIDING TO 3 TO 5 FEET. INTRACOASTAL WATERS CHOPPY. ISOLATED SHOWERS.

Marc

TODAY...EAST WINDS NEAR 20 KNOTS...DECREASING TO 15 KNOTS BY AFTERNOON. SEAS 5 TO 7 FEET SUBSIDING TO 3 TO 5 FEET.
Thats pretty scary when those are improving conditions!

Sounds better and better all the time. No wind worries there!!!! I'm sorry I didn't make the trip, but I don't miss those conditions one bit. :wacko: Hope you all had fun and came back safely. Great photos, by the way! I didn't see Wendy in the photos, though!

_Kurt_ once bubbled...
Sounds better and better all the time. No wind worries there!!!! I'm sorry I didn't make the trip, but I don't miss those conditions one bit. :wacko: Hope you all had fun and came back safely. Great photos, by the way! I didn't see Wendy in the photos, though!

You didn't see me in the pics cuz I wasn't there. I'm on the bench for a while.

_Kurt_ once bubbled...
didn't you have knee surgery?

My knee is almost 100% better without surgery, but 2 weeks ago i fell while climbing and cracked my crack aka my bootie.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom