Went diving yesterday

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diverbrian

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Since beginning this straight day job that I currently have, I haven't been able to take advantage of the opportunities which the weekends present until now. Yesterday, I was introduced to another dive boat up to the Straits of Mackinaw. The boat is older boat and doesn't have a name yet. It was interesting getting my doubles down the ladder from the slip down to the boat as well.

The weather was beautiful. We dove three wrecks. The first wreck was the Northwest on the Lake Michigan side. It was a good warm-up dive to get practice gearing up on the tight confines of a twenty-four foot diving boat.

We then dove the Sandusky which is right next door to the Northwest. It is a wooden brig that I have dove many times before, but it was interesting to note the changes since the last time. It was a little more chilly below the thermocline on that wreck.

The next wreck on the slate was on the M. Stalker. It was a wooden schooner in remarkable condition which on our way back to the marina. The Stalker was the best wreck of the day. It was cold and in moderate current.

It was an enjoyable day and great opportunity to get my sea legs back. I hope to hit more wrecks next year.

You a divers diver finally made it back in the water. You must be giddy all over. Congrats on the new job and finally making it back in the water. I was going to contact you about buying some of your gear before it was either chewed up by the dog or it dry rotted from being exposed only to air.

You da man.........

Back
Top Bottom