West Palm Beach Help and offer to local divers...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey I know this has been asked a million times, and I searched but "west palm beach" is listed in so many posts it is hard to filter. Anyway a buddy and I are flying into west palm beach on the 25th of September and Flying out on the 29th... We are only in town to dive...:D We are staying in west palm beach, but we will travel to a good shop if needed....

What are the best shops and/or charters? We are looking for reefs and maybe a wreck or two.... I am a dive con so an SSI shop would be nice... (I am on this trip so I can refer students to good shops/boats later on and for shop trip planning) but isn't always necessary... also I would prefer to not get hosed on tank and weight rentals...

Also any locals that wanna meet up and go diving let us know, just for some back ground we are both public safety divers who can hold our own...:eyebrow:

Jeremy

Pura Vida. Great boat and crew. Among the best dive briefings I've experienced. And great S.I. snacks!

When I'm in the area, I dive with Sandy Brammeier and her crew @ OceanQuest Scuba. Also great boat & crew.

Good morning,
I have been out with these two charters, but I am not sure if Rampage is still around. Both are great boats with fun crews and tech friendly.

Narcosis Dive Charters
12173 Easterly Avenue
Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33410

Rampage Dive Charter
West Palm Beach, FL 33401

I also hear good things about Kevin out of Boynton Beach but that is a bit south. :wink:

Of you want to do some great diving with a little deeper profile than West Palm, Drive north about 10 miles to the Jupiter Dive Center. Gerry and the gang will take very good care of you and show you the awesome reef system off of Jupiter. The Goliath Groupers are returning and are always a treat.

If you want an SSI dive shop... Force E is SSI, but they currently don't have an SSI instructor. The closest SSI shops are in Jupiter and Boynton Beach.

Of you want to do some great diving with a little deeper profile than West Palm, Drive north about 10 miles to the Jupiter Dive Center. Gerry and the gang will take very good care of you and show you the awesome reef system off of Jupiter. The Goliath Groupers are returning and are always a treat.

Jupiter dives will average about 75 feet rather than the 55-60 feet at West Palm Beach. We use Jupiter Dive Center a lot. Generally, more large fish, turtles, sharks, etc. Reef appears a bit more rocky. Also good is Boynton Beach. See if you can get on an artificial reef / wreck.

As you probably figured, Nitrox is the way to go at these locations.

Have fun,

Stu

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom